How high should tweeters be off the ground for MTM mains?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lunchmoney
    • Jul 2008

How high should tweeters be off the ground for MTM mains?

I've read that ideally they should be at ear level... I measured 34"-36" from floor to ear level when I'm sitting on my couch...

However, I figured out that from 8 feet away, 5 degrees off axis would be about 8.5"... so I could make the tweets 8" below ear level and still be less than 5 degrees off axis.

I guess the real question is: At how many degrees off axis does an MTM tweeter start to lose performance? I'm sure it depends on the speaker design... like, say, oh I don't know, the Tritrix?

I ask because currently my minimal footprint Tritrix Towers look very top-heavy with the tweeters at 36" high... I'm wondering how low they can be before I start losing performance.

Thanks
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

You could always tip them back a little.

Comment

• lunchmoney
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dennis H
      You could always tip them back a little.
      thanks, but I don't really want to go that route.

Comment

• mlw
        • Dec 2007

tweeter height

I set the tweeter height on my mtm towers at 38.5 inches off the floor, and am happy with the result. Not only sounds good from the couch, but also sounds good to someone standing, or walking by in the general area.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"