X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Question about Zaph's L15/27TFFC

I have an L15 and 27TBFCG in a PE .25CF cabinet, and I don't have the time to whip up my own crossover for it. Is the 27TBFCG possible as a drop-in replacement for the 27TFFC if I don't use the optional response shaping filter? Thanks for any help.
  • Dave Bullet
    • Jul 2007

My uneducated guess is yes. The only material difference is they seem to have is the 27TBFC/G is 0.5dB more sensitive, so maybe a little more padding required on the tweeter. Shouldn't screw up phase tracking.

There was a "review" of the L15 system here where a DIYer tried to swap out the 27TFFC (I think) with the 27TDFC and wasn't happy with the sound. Problems went away when he put a 27TFFC in. Will post here again if I find the article.

David.

Comment

• JoshK
      • Mar 2005

Funny you mention this as I am thinking of doing the same project for bedroom speakers. I have the TBFCG tweeters already and was looking at how close the TFFC was in measured response and T/S.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"