X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chibahawk
    • May 2007

Dayton Dustcaps

I've got some BAMTM speakers I put together but I keep having problems with my DA175-8 woofers. The dust caps seem to have been glued poorly and they began to loosen off the cone and then rattle on the midbass.

I've had this problem with 3 woofers and now a 4th one. Previously I just shipped back to Parts Express, but maybe there's a DIY solution you guys could suggest.

Maybe this problem is common with these woofers?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I think elmers glue will work on them. Just keep it light.

Comment

• motorider200
      • Jan 2008

I replaced the dust caps on some old 18" subs and used gel super glue from partsexpress it's been a year and they are still on.

Comment

• chibahawk
        • May 2007

Gotcha. I just wonder about the seal however because the dust caps never really come close to falling off they just have the slightest separation from the cone.

Should I just use a toothpick and try to get some glue in the gaps or take them off and put them back on?

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I'd just try and get some under the gaps. If it doesn't fix it take them off carefully and reglue.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"