X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

My new DIY speaker webpages are up.

Thought you guys might want to check it out. There's not much more there than what you can find here, but it is definitely more organized. I'll continue to add to it as I have more time:

• PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Nice site Jed!

Comment

• its_bacon12
      • May 2008

Nice!

Comment

• TacoD
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2004

Wow that takes a lot of effort, designing speakers and doing a website about them .

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TacoD
          Wow that takes a lot of effort, designing speakers and doing a website about them .
          Thanks TacoD and everyone for your compliments. It really wasn't that hard because a lot of the info came from my posts here. Cut and Paste is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• tabasc07
            • Oct 2007

Nice site Jed. I like how it's pretty easy on the eyes, organized, and very easy to navigate around. Ahh yes, copy and paste sure is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• Mazeroth
              • Nov 2004

Great work, Jed!

Comment

• Operandi
                • May 2007

Really nice page :T. I like the minimalistic theme.

It would be cool see some blog'ish type comments in future, Zaph style.

Comment

• Jed
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Operandi
                  Really nice page :T. I like the minimalistic theme.

It would be cool see some blog'ish type comments in future, Zaph style.
                  I'll add a blog- good suggestion.

Comment

• wkhanna
                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Well Done!
                    ;x(
                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Jed
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Apr 2005

Thanks Bill.

Comment

• Dennis H
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Aug 2002

Well, Jed, as we HTG-ophpiles all know, you rock dude! :T

Comment

• Jed
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dennis H
                          Well, Jed, as we HTG-ophpiles all know, you rock dude! :T
                          :T ops: Thanks Dennis!

Comment

• chasw98
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006

Very nice site Jed. Clean, simple, easy to find your way around.......

BUT!!!!!

No pictures of the Tombstones crossover in place. Either external or in the cabinet.

Looks good.

Chuck

Comment

• Jed
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chasw98
                              Very nice site Jed. Clean, simple, easy to find your way around.......

BUT!!!!!

No pictures of the Tombstones crossover in place. Either external or in the cabinet.

Looks good.

Chuck
                              I'm getting there, Chuck. I'm going to take my time and get a really clean layout for all the parts. I was hoping to finish that last weekend, but I did some more listening of a broad selection of music to finalize a few things in the circuit. When you have drivers this accurate you hear every little change immediately.

Jed

Comment

• chasw98
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jed
                                I'm getting there, Chuck. I'm going to take my time and get a really clean layout for all the parts. I was hoping to finish that last weekend, but I did some more listening of a broad selection of music to finalize a few things in the circuit. When you have drivers this accurate you hear every little change immediately.

Jed
                                I understand what you are saying. I was able to hear a difference in 1/2 of an ohm change in a resistor in the tweeter circuit of a project I am working on. Then this weekend I was able to hear the difference between 2 inch acoustic foam in a cabinet and acoustastuf being used. I did a blind test on my wife (former violin player) and she immediately said, "What did you change?". So I can understand if the xover is still in pieces/parts on the floor while you finalize.

Comment

• Hank
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jul 2002

Jed: nice work on the site!

Chuck:
                                  I was able to hear the difference between 2 inch acoustic foam in a cabinet and acoustastuf being used.
                                  Did the Acoustastuff sound better?

Comment

• chasw98
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Jan 2006

Yes. I know it sounds like snake oil deluxe but it did. I did not believe myself, so I just asked my wife to listen to a song before we watched a movie. After less than 10 seconds she grinned and asked me what I did to the speakers. I told her all I did was stuff them with this stuff and showed her the info paper that came with the bag od acoustastuf. I had previously tried nothing, fiberglass, 2 inch foam, 1 inch foam, and then acoustastuf.

Comment

• Ray Collins
                                      • Mar 2006

Nice site Jed; very user friendly! Looking forward to your blog.

Ray
                                      Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
                                      BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• Jed
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Apr 2005

I agree about the acoustastuff- especially for sealed applications. I'm using 75% fill in my Tombstone design and it cleaned up the midrange considerably and made the dipole to monopole transition less noticeable because there was less of a boxy sound in the monopole W26 application.

Originally posted by Ray Collins
                                        Nice site Jed; very user friendly! Looking forward to your blog.

Ray
                                        Thank you Ray! -Jed

Comment

• Landspeeder
                                          • Feb 2008

That site is GREAT Jed! Good job
                                          My Builds: https://www.htguide.com/forum/showth...731#post593731

Comment

• Spanky Ham
                                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by chasw98
                                            I understand what you are saying. I was able to hear a difference in 1/2 of an ohm change in a resistor in the tweeter circuit of a project I am working on. Then this weekend I was able to hear the difference between 2 inch acoustic foam in a cabinet and acoustastuf being used. I did a blind test on my wife (former violin player) and she immediately said, "What did you change?". So I can understand if the xover is still in pieces/parts on the floor while you finalize.
                                            I can confirm Chuck's 90 year old ears. :B When we A/Bed the Stratus Golds with the TMWW, I thought the differences were minor but Chuck thought the differences were much greater than what I thought. I guess I am not the audiophile that I thought I was. 8O

Jed,
                                            Do you want some constructive criticism? Well here it is anyway. I know you are trying to just throw up your own non-commercial site and this is a start, but I would like to see some improvements. Mark K's site is a good basic site that you could follow as a template. As it stands now. you have everything on one page. Putting your projects onto separate pages would be easier to navigate. If you are new to web design and find this a big learning curve, then check out allwebco's templates. I heavily modified one for my business site. I think I spent about two days playing with it. Of course, now I am going to get the criticism on my site. :rofl: Actually, I know my site needs to be updated, but I don't care that much. Anyway, good luck. :T

Comment

• Jed
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Spanky Ham
                                              I can confirm Chuck's 90 year old ears. :B When we A/Bed the Stratus Golds with the TMWW, I thought the differences were minor but Chuck thought the differences were much greater than what I thought. I guess I am not the audiophile that I thought I was. 8O

Jed,
                                              Do you want some constructive criticism? Well here it is anyway. I know you are trying to just throw up your own non-commercial site and this is a start, but I would like to see some improvements. Mark K's site is a good basic site that you could follow as a template. As it stands now. you have everything on one page. Putting your projects onto separate pages would be easier to navigate. If you are new to web design and find this a big learning curve, then check out allwebco's templates. I heavily modified one for my business site. I think I spent about two days playing with it. Of course, now I am going to get the criticism on my site. :rofl: Actually, I know my site needs to be updated, but I don't care that much. Anyway, good luck. :T
                                              Hey thanks. I'll continue to refine my website as it grows. You are right about the first page. It's far too busy and I plan on incorporating some columns etc to plan the links a lot better. The beauty of googlepages is it is really easy and free. With that there may be some limitations.

Edit: Made some basic changes to the first page. Thanks for the suggestion.
                                              Last edited by Jed; 10 June 2008, 15:12 Tuesday.

Comment

• ---k---
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2005

Jed,
                                                Looking better. Definitely going to be a good resource. I hate the idea of having to check more webpages to find stuff I'm interested in. But I think this will be good for the greater internet.

I like the colors and themes. One more constructive piece of criticisms, I'm not sure what is going on but the underlining on some of your pages is just dotted line, rather than solid underlines. It reminds me of misspelled words in Firefox, not a link. I don't know if that is just a theme thing. Also the Lineup page, the F4, R4, etc. links are so short, they don't stand out as links.
                                                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                                                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                                                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Jed
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ---k---
                                                  Jed,
                                                  Looking better. Definitely going to be a good resource. I hate the idea of having to check more webpages to find stuff I'm interested in. But I think this will be good for the greater internet.

I like the colors and themes. One more constructive piece of criticisms, I'm not sure what is going on but the underlining on some of your pages is just dotted line, rather than solid underlines. It reminds me of misspelled words in Firefox, not a link. I don't know if that is just a theme thing. Also the Lineup page, the F4, R4, etc. links are so short, they don't stand out as links.

Thanks Ryan.. I'll see if there is anything I can do about those dotted underlines. I might have to change the links to a brighter color to offset them from the rest of the text more.

Don't take my webpage as another thing to check as I'll still be posting most stuff here- It's just nice to organize my work- that's all.

Jed

Edit: changed links to blue color to offset it from the rest.

Comment

• Ray Collins
                                                    • Mar 2006

Chasw98,
                                                    Did you try regular dacron pillow fill? Just curious about the performance difference between the two...not trying to start a war.

Ray
                                                    Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
                                                    BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• ---k---
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Nov 2005

Jed,
                                                      It is probably just something I need to get used to. Not a big deal.
                                                      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                                                      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                                                      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                      Search Result for "|||"