Best size enclosure for new dayton full range 4'' speakers ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IllNastyImpreza
    • Jan 2008

Best size enclosure for new dayton full range 4'' speakers ??

I'm going to be building a 5.1 surround sound for my computer gaming pleasure. And I thought this speaker would make a GREAT simple solution.

Anyone tried these speakers? what did you think ?http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-358

I know they are best mounted on a IB....But how would I go about making small satelites to hang from the cieling or whatnot ??
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Nasty, I'm moving this into the DIY forum. You'll get much more informed responses there.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• jquin
      • Dec 2006

I'm very keen to see a MT design for this little beastie. I believe all the talk to date has been around a MTM which makes me loose some interest to be honest.
      BTW I don't know who the guy is that did the review on the PE site but I think I have finally found someone that knows less about speaker building than I do.

Comment

• rc white
        • Nov 2007

This driver is suitable for a B5 alignment.
        The box volume is 8 litres and it is tuned to 66 Hz. with a 1st. order filter at 120 Hz. this has a -3db. point of 70Hz.
        The filter can be a 80-100 microFarad bipolar electro connected to the speaker, since this filter is not isolated it will interact somewhat with the driver but this is within acceptable limits for the intended application, more details on B5 alignments here..

rcw

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by rc white
          This driver is suitable for a B5 alignment.
          The box volume is 8 litres and it is tuned to 66 Hz. with a 1st. order filter at 120 Hz. this has a -3db. point of 70Hz.
          The filter can be a 80-100 microFarad bipolar electro connected to the speaker, since this filter is not isolated it will interact somewhat with the driver but this is within acceptable limits for the intended application, more details on B5 alignments here..

rcw
          cool cool.

I wanted to avoid messing with any passive components. I'm hoping my reciever can HP them for me somewhere around 80-120hz. I've heard these bad ass little speakers can play down to 70hz quite well !

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"