X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMorris
    • Jan 2006

Zaph's L15 27TDFC

No this is not an outdoor speaker.... I just needed good light to show the details.

I didn't have quite enough of one kind of veneer to cover the whole box so I used what I had.... Quilted Sapele on top, back, and bottom and burled redwood on the sides.

I have had these built for awhile now but never posted a photo.

They sound great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zaphspeaker.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	869253
    Last edited by theSven; 30 June 2023, 14:09 Friday. Reason: Update image location
  • chrisn
    • Sep 2007

Looks good!

Comment

• jkrutke
      • Dec 2005

Nice job. You don't see white baffles too often, in the right decor I bet it looks pretty cool. From early 2003, the L15 system is the oldest project on my web site but it still fares pretty well.
      Zaph|Audio

Comment

• GMorris
        • Jan 2006

Thanks Zaph and Chrisn.

I've also got bits of metal in the corners of the baffle that the neo-magnets in the grill frame will stick to. The grill is smaller than the baffle so the rounded white edges of the baffle frame the black grill. Looks kind of cool but I never leave the grill on.

Comment

• peter_m
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by GMorris
          I've also got bits of metal in the corners of the baffle that the neo-magnets in the grill frame will stick to.
          I love the idea of a speaker grill mounted by magnets. Is there any chance of rattling while playing at high volumes?

Comment

• GMorris
            • Jan 2006

I have the neodymium magnets inset on the corners of the grill frame. The grill fabric was then wrapped around the frame and glued in place. The fabric seems to do a good job de-coupling the frame from the baffle.... I've never noticed any rattling problems.
            I do wonder if there could be issues from having strong magnets too close to a tweeter/woofer....?? That's why I used metal in the baffle and magnets in the grill frame...just to be safe.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"