X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

used drivers

I'm looking for a source for good condition, lightly used scan speak drivers. I checked ebay although not thoroughly, and the Pawn Shop here. I haven't really had any luck.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

I have a pair of 9800 tweeters barely used FS.

Comment

• Rolex
      • Mar 2005

I should clarify. Drivers of interest include 8531, 4613, and 7000. Thanks.

Comment

• Jonasz
        • Nov 2004

Jed, how much for the 98's?

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

$235 plus fees/shipping for the pair

Comment

• augerpro
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2006

Wow Jed, did you get much of a chance to listen to those? What did you think?
            ~Brandon 8O
            Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
            Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
            DriverVault
            Soma Sonus

Comment

• Jed
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by augerpro
              Wow Jed, did you get much of a chance to listen to those? What did you think?
              They are excellent sounding.

Comment

• Rolex
                • Mar 2005

Okay, so is there just not much of a market for used scan drivers? What do all you guys that test drivers do with them when you are done with them?

Seems like they would sell real fast. Maybe that is why I never see them for sale?

Comment

• Jed
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rolex
                  Okay, so is there just not much of a market for used scan drivers? What do all you guys that test drivers do with them when you are done with them?

Seems like they would sell real fast. Maybe that is why I never see them for sale?
                  Scan Speak drivers come up for sale all the time at diymobileaudio.com in the FS section. Mostly the revelators though.

Comment

• TacoD
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2004

I keep them, otherwise I cannot compare anymore . Also over here people are not prepared to pay a good price for woofers which are barely used.

Though I only have two pair of revelator woofers, after that I realized that they are not for me.

Comment

• Paul W
                      • Oct 2004

I try to buy only "a few good drivers" and then reuse them in multiple projects.

Unfortunately, the stack is slowly growing
                      Paul

Comment

• jkrutke
                        • Dec 2005

Keep the best and put the rest on ebay. Thus, none of my scans are on ebay. :B

Note that I saw I guy selling 15M-4531K00 midwoofers, maybe you could use those. There's also some Excel W15's there.
                        Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Mark K
                          • Feb 2002

Hey John,
                          What happened to your blog and SS tower documentation? I started reading it this morning, then, whoops, it vanished...more SS6600 variations maybe :W

PS I've got lots of SS drivers. I can't quite get myself to sell them even though I'll probably never use them...
                          www.audioheuristics.org

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"