X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drew
    • Nov 2005

Useful Software Compendium

Hi All,

Some time ago I compiled a list of useful design and measurement software. Of course, I've lost the list and I'm trying to recreate it. I figure that this might be useful for others, so I'm going to try and recreate the list here, with the help of the community.

I know that there are some newer programs available that have been very well received, but I haven't had a chance to use them and thus can't remember their names. In particular there is a piece of measurement SW that has been spoken very highly of. Hopefully somebody will chime in.

To begin:

Unibox: Free Excel-based enclosure design system. Unibox

The Edge: A free baffle step compensation modeling program The Edge

Speaker Workshop: A free design and measurement package - handles crossovers, enclosures, etc. Ambitious and you can't complain about the price, but last time I tried it (years ago) it was a bit fiddly. Speaker Workshop

Sound Easy - Another design/modeling and measurement package. Very powerful, somewhat of a steep learning curve. Sound Easy

LspCAD - Another design/modeling and measurement package. Comes in two versions - standard and professional. Last I heard it was easier to use than Sound Easy, but you need to buy the pro version to get all the features that Sound Easy has. LspCAD

So, that's a modest start. Mostly oldies but goodies. As others have suggestions, I'll update the post.
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

You might also include the old standbys of CLIO and Praxis, and everyone's new favorite, ARTA. The are just measurement packages, but it's really all about the measurements. Also don't forget Jeff B's Passive Crossover Designer. That plus arta makes for a cheap and useful combo.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"