X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Habs4life
    • Apr 2006

Tang Band 25-1414SC Ti neo Tweeter

Does any one have expierience with this unit?I snagged one of these from PE as they were on clearance for only $14.My plan is to use it in a 3 way center channel.Looking at Zaphs measurements however it appears there is a nasty peak in the 17-22k region.This break up mode seems to be lower in frequency and wider in bandwidth than normally seen on metal domes such as the SEAS units.
    My question is should I try to kill this peak with a notch filter or will its existance be relatively inaudible? Any input is appreciated.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

There was a thread posted about this one (I believe it was) just a week or so ago.

Comment

• Habs4life
      • Apr 2006

Oh OK thanks. I did' nt see that thread but I will search for it.

Comment

• fjhuerta
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
        There was a thread posted about this one (I believe it was) just a week or so ago.
        Nope, that tweeter was the expensive inverted dome tweeter. The 1414SC hasn't been discussed much, since at its original price a Vifa D26 made a lot more sense. Check out Zaph's page.
        Javier Huerta

Comment

• jkrutke
          • Dec 2005

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the peak, it will barely be audible even for young ears.

For those that don't currently own a Tangband 25-1414, Madisound's new Vifa DQ25SC05 titanium dome is better. Very clean on the low end. I like it. Results for those will be posted on Sunday along with some other stuff.
          Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Habs4life
            • Apr 2006

Thanks for the reply John,I will leave the peak alone then and see how it sounds.The Vifa DQ25 sure looks to be a better choice though Im hoping to actively crossover with an LR4 in 2.2k range but with the higher Fs I suspect it might prefer to be crossed abit higher than the 1414?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"