X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickmckinney
    • May 2008

Tangbang and other high sensitivity tweeters

Anyone try the Tangbang RT-1516SA ribbon tweeter?

Also any detailed specs (real testing) of the Fountek NeoCD2.0M and NeoCD3.0M I would love to get.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

a TB ribbon? Strange....I'm not sure you can get it yet.

Comment

• chrismercurio
      • May 2007

Nick,

and Rick Craig may have the Fountek data you are looking for.

The RAAL 140 series tweeters may also be of interest. I have heard them in a few designs and they are excellent and priced accordingly.

C

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

Someone posted some tests (K&T?) of the big pro Fountek in John J's thread over at AVS about the MTM with the TD10Ms. Sorry, no link handy. Lower distortion than the little guys but it's pretty long so you have to accept limited vertical dispersion.

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by nickmckinney
          Anyone try the Tangbang RT-1516SA ribbon tweeter?

Also any detailed specs (real testing) of the Fountek NeoCD2.0M and NeoCD3.0M I would love to get.
          I tested the Fountek CD3.0 in my Lineup R4 and R44 design. You can see details in the Lineup thread in the Accomplished section. Should be on the first page.

Comment

• nickmckinney
            • May 2008

Well after looking over everything I think its time to start molding my own CD horn lenses. Using the B&C on a 60 x 60 straight side CD lens about 15" square gives a 3dB window on and off axis from 1Khz to 18Khz. Need to see what a 10"-12" wide lens will do I guess.

Comment

• chrismercurio
              • May 2007

Earl Geddes has a waveguide/complete kit thing going over here:

I am finalizing the design of a 10" two way system ala the ESP10 at www.ai-audio.com. This speaker has very high output and a very clean response and sound quality. I am going to sell it as a kit. Questions: Would people prefer to buy as few parts as possible or a completely packaged...

I hope I am not in violation by posting it.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"