X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • looneybomber
    • May 2007

Lambda drivers back in production.

This actually isn't new news at all, but doing a quick search on this forum, I don't see much talk about the Lambda drivers at all. John J. is currently building any Lambda 10, 12, and 15" you want with a 5 day lead time. In other words, they're built to order.
    Acoustic Elegance makes the world's lowest distortion woofers with Full Copper Faraday Sleeve. Proudly made in America. Quality. Performance. Definitely.

There's been a lot of buzz over at AVS for the last few months about these drivers and the upcoming release of a Lambda/Fountek MTM. John's putting a kit together with two TD10m's and a Neopro5i. The crossover is still in the works, but so far comes out to under 35.00ea. :E

With the advent of these recently available, very capable drivers, do you guys foresee many DIY projects being produced on here, or is the price of them a bit cost prohibitive?
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

I think many people will be waiting to see if John can deliver the drivers in a timely manner. He seems like a good guy who means well but he has had problems getting drivers out the door in the past. It would also help if he could find the time to list all the drivers on his web page. It's hard to order something you don't even know exists.

Comment

• looneybomber
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Dennis H
      I think many people will be waiting to see if John can deliver the drivers in a timely manner. He seems like a good guy who means well but he has had problems getting drivers out the door in the past. It would also help if he could find the time to list all the drivers on his web page. It's hard to order something you don't even know exists.
      Excellent point. I only know about the 10's, 12's and 15's in an S, X, H, and M compliance due to an email he sent out to all aespeaker forum members. I'll have to bring that to his attention.

It would be nice to see DIY projects built from something other than RS woofers, but, for the money, they're excellent drivers.

"Hello Everyone,

If you're getting this email, you are registered on the Acoustic Elegance forum, www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2 We wanted to let you know that we finally have the online store up and running again. You can reach this by going to www.aespeakers.com and clicking the Store link on the front page.

It's been a long time and we are happy to finally have this available. We also wanted to let you know about a few SPECIALS right now. We have allof the Lambda Series TD woofers, TDH, TDS, TDX, and TDM available in 10",12" and 15" sizes. These are built to order with a 5 day lead time. Pricing is $239, $259, and $279 respectively for the 10, 12, and 15. Currently if you buy a pair you receive $50 off the total price.

The IB15's are on special at $100 each. Previously this option was only available in 4pc quantity, however while we are working out some bugs with the online store, they are at that price in any quantity.

The 18" 1600gram passive radiators are on sale at $100 each, normally $125. The 15" 1050gram PR's are on sale at $50, normally $65 each.

For more information give us a call at 920-469-9198 or send us an email to sales@aespeakers.com Also check out forum as we have new information going up all the time alongwith some very cool customer installations. -Acoustic Elegance LLC Staff -- Acoustic Elegance/AE Speakers Forum\nhttp://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/"

Comment

• augerpro
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2006

I just received an IB15 yesterday. Seems like a nice driver. The TD15 series really look good on paper. They seem to able to compete with the B&C 15NW76 I'm interested in. Just wish I could afford a test driver of both.
        ~Brandon 8O
        Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
        Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
        DriverVault
        Soma Sonus

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Here is a link to the T/S parameters for anyone if they are interested. http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/vie...abd3e52154024d
          They are listed at the top of the page along with some other drivers. John says he can build to order in 5 days. He has also said the reason they are not listed on the website is that he just doesn't have the time to get the facts and figures up on the site. I was talking to him about some graphs and measurements and he does not have any. I am very curious about the performance of the 10's and 12's for use as the bass units in a 3 way system. Many people rave about the performance of the former Lambda drivers but I have not seen or heard any recent owner comments. If I had the money I would buy a pair of 12's and see what they are like, but alas...........

Chuck

Comment

• JoshK
            • Mar 2005

I ordered a pair of Lambda TD15X's to go with a pair I already have. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• CupCak3
              • Oct 2007

I ordered 2 AV15's and 4 PR18s from him a month or so ago and the experiance couldn't have went smoother. Everything was shipped by the next business day.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"