X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

Looking for a specific design

I'm looking for a design that utilizes all scan speak drivers. I know there is the 6600 with 8531 here on this site. And I know that Troels has the Ekta that utilizes the 7100, 12m, and the 8531. The troels design may work. But I was hoping to use a 6600 tweeter with either a 12m or 15m midrange and then a pair of 8531's in a 3 way configuration.

Can anyone point me to a design that uses these drivers? Maybe it doesn't exist on the net as a published design. I know that I can have someone design the crossovers for me. But, with designs like th Ekta, you can read about people that have already built it. That is a huge advantage for me.

I am not interested at this time in learning crossover design. Thanks!
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

I may have just answered my own question. Looks like the Ekta grand may fit the bill. It uses the 7000 tweeter instead of the 6600.. Other than that, it's basically what I am looking for.

Comment

• JonW
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Hi Rolex,

Sorry I can't think of any designs like you're looking for. But for whatever it's worth, some other sources of good looking Scanspeak designs:

Very high quality loudspeaker kits, components, upgrades, modifications and custom solutions.

And Zaph is, I think, working on a 2.5 way with the tweeter and woofer you mentioned.

You already know about this next link, but for others out there:

-Jon

Comment

• Rolex
        • Mar 2005

Jon, Thanks for the resopnse. I'm aware of Tony Gee's site. (humble home made hi fi). I have not heard of the edgar audio site however. I knew zaph was working on that 2 1/2 way, but I don't think we know for sure it will be a published design, do we?

The Ekta Grande is the speaker of choice, for right now. Wrong tweeter, but I believe the 7000 is still a very good tweeter. It better be for the money, anyway. Plus, I trust designs that Troels has done.

Comment

• JonW
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Hi Rolex,

That Ekta Grande looks like a really interesting project. Pretty involved cabinet and a nice looking complement of drivers. I've never heard a design by Tony or Troels but I certainly would like to. No idea about what Zaph has in mind for the 2.5 way or what kind of time frame it's on. The expense might keep people away but the "Zaph seal of approval" may make it popular.

Comment

• anders
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Rolex
            I'm looking for a design that utilizes all scan speak drivers. I know there is the 6600 with 8531 here on this site. And I know that Troels has the Ekta that utilizes the 7100, 12m, and the 8531. The troels design may work. But I was hoping to use a 6600 tweeter with either a 12m or 15m midrange and then a pair of 8531's in a 3 way configuration.

Can anyone point me to a design that uses these drivers? Maybe it doesn't exist on the net as a published design. I know that I can have someone design the crossovers for me. But, with designs like th Ekta, you can read about people that have already built it. That is a huge advantage for me.

I am not interested at this time in learning crossover design. Thanks!
            I am planning to build a speaker pair with exactly these drivers (6600/12M/2x8531) and I think I must have checked every dark corner on the web for a similar design. I believe that Troels Ekta Grande is the closest match.

Many clones have been built using Troels design but this is my absolute favourite.

Actually, this speakers looks like a clone of the Sonus Faber Cremona speaker that utilized 2x8531 a couple of years ago.

Comment

• TacoD
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by JonW
              Hi Rolex,

That Ekta Grande looks like a really interesting project. Pretty involved cabinet and a nice looking complement of drivers. I've never heard a design by Tony or Troels but I certainly would like to. No idea about what Zaph has in mind for the 2.5 way or what kind of time frame it's on. The expense might keep people away but the "Zaph seal of approval" may make it popular.
              Tony Gee designs are forward sounding (most designs have little BS). The Troels designs are more balanced.

Comment

• dVibe
                • Jul 2010

Did anyone ever finish this Project? The Ekta Grande with the 6600 tweeter I mean?

Sorry for resurrecting such an oldie, but this is sort of EXACTLY what i'm looking for at the moment.

Comment

• Rolex
                  • Mar 2005

sort of exactly... that made me laugh. I ended up helping my friend build of pair of Ekta Grande's with the 7000 ring radiator. They've come down in price since he bought his. Only about 50 bucks, but nonetheless. You may have to talk to someone like Jed at Clearwave to design a speaker for you.

Comment

• LING GOWA
                    • Dec 2007

I have files for these.

Reference Plus:

Maxima:
                    Website

Comment

• dVibe
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Rolex
                      sort of exactly... that made me laugh. I ended up helping my friend build of pair of Ekta Grande's with the 7000 ring radiator. They've come down in price since he bought his. Only about 50 bucks, but nonetheless. You may have to talk to someone like Jed at Clearwave to design a speaker for you.
                      that's cool, but for the price of a custom crossover I might as well use the 7000's.
                      What's an extra $180 a tweeter for 2 to 5 speakers anyway, eh? 8O

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"