A call for help. Let us build a DIY Wiki!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

A call for help. Let us build a DIY Wiki!

I've been working on the Wiki pages I posted about some days ago.

I believe I've found a real need that can be solved by using the Wiki. Although there's lots of information around on how to build speakers, there isn't a place for newbies to start, and for information to be cross-referenced.

As an example, I'm working on a "Starters Guide" that details every step that needs to be taken in order to build a succesful speaker. This guide has links to every subject in detail - measuring equipment, Thiele-Small parameters, enclosure calculation, etc.

Another section I'll be working on is the projects one. Instead of copying what is already available, a summary is presented on each design. The summary includes drivers used, crossover topology, enclosure type, etc. You can then find out how many designs use your preferred driver, or what kind of design you can build given a set of drivers.

Also, I'm trying to add as many definitions I can regarding speaker design. Qts, Qms, Qes, Mms, Sd, Fs - my goal is to add them all and include examples on how to interpret this variables.

As you can see, the goals are pretty ambitious. I estimate it would take me close to a year (perhaps more) to finish the Wiki by myself. I'd certainly appreciate it if you could all lend me a hand - I believe this resource could be very, very useful.

Thanks! :T

Javier.
    Javier Huerta
  • jdybnis
    • Dec 2004

Why not contribute to the diyaudio.com wiki?

-Josh

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

I visited their Wiki some time ago, and it seems to me they aren't updating it anymore. I think their Wiki is more of an afterthought for their site rather than an independent site in itself - and besides, the software they are using isn't exactly as user-friendly as people would expect (not to say that MediaWiki is easy...).
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• chasw98
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by fjhuerta
        As you can see, the goals are pretty ambitious. I estimate it would take me close to a year (perhaps more) to finish the Wiki by myself. I'd certainly appreciate it if you could all lend me a hand - I believe this resource could be very, very useful.

Thanks! :T

Javier.
        Javier:
        I just put some T/S definitions in some pages for you. You might want to check and se if I did it correctly!

Chuck

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"