X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

DIY to the MAX!

The guy who reviewed my RAV-6's sent me this link to a MONSTER DIY-er's work:

:B :B :B :B :B

Color me impressed! Jon and Thomas are THE DIY GURUS, not only because of the success of their designs, but because of their TREMENDOUS unselfish, VERY PATIENT sharing of knowledge and techniques.

That said, I think this guy does great work. I'm talking cabinet construction and finishing - don't know about the resulting audio quality. Never heard of him or the forum - just impressed.

Okay, I'm outta here. Back to planning on spending $8 - $10 bucks apiece 8O for Vishay nude foil resistors for a phono preamp I'm planning to build.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You need to get out more Hank.....

There are threads/posts about Anthony Thompson's designs on DIYaudio, AudioCircle, AVS, AudioJunkies, HeadFi, etc, etc...

Good luck with the pre-amp... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JoshK
      • Mar 2005

Anthony's DIY skills are up there with any pros' IMO. These are yet another top notch project he has completed.

Comment

• Hank
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2002

You need to get out more Hank.....
        You got that right! Working with labs on secret product development projects keeps me from reality. But, there's tequila and music! AND, I met a lady on eHarmony - three dates thus far - maybe there is a life out there somewhere. :B

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"