X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DPA101
    • Feb 2008

Modula MT damaged?

My very young son decided that the music we were listening to was not loud enough for his tastes and grabbed the remote then proceeded to give my newly built Modulas the better part of 200W from my Outlaw 7500. They still sound great and crossovers look fine but should I be worried about the drivers? I'll also tell you that he won't make that mistake again as I had to change his pants shortly afterward.
    Dave
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

If they still sound OK, then they're probably OK. 200 watts of clean input isn't absurd for a short duration on the Modula MT, provided there isn't too much bass. The driver's aren't going to start slowly rotting or anything after such an incident- either they broke or they didn't.

Don't worry about it.
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

• DPA101
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by joecarrow
      If they still sound OK, then they're probably OK. 200 watts of clean input isn't absurd for a short duration on the Modula MT, provided there isn't too much bass. The driver's aren't going to start slowly rotting or anything after such an incident- either they broke or they didn't.

Don't worry about it.
      I though as much but wanted a second opinion. Thanks
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"