X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Villainstone
    • Mar 2008

Simple WinIsd Alpha question!

I am tuning my design and I was wondering what the numbers in the top right corner mean? I am referring to the Hz, and dB number boxes...I have an idea but I want to be sure so I don't mess anything up. Also is there anything in particular I should look for in regards of those two numbers? Thanks a lot guys, oh and if I listen to music and movies at like say 40/60 where should I try to tune it to, I have it at ~22.5Hz? Sorry for the noob questions, and once again TY.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

The numbers are the cursor position. Click on the graph and they will change.

Comment

• BobEllis
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

As for optimum tuning, we need to know more about your drive, box size and power available. Pretty pointless to tune a 4" driver to 22.5 Hz (boy are you precise). It also may be too high for some of the 15" drivers available.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
        • Oct 2005

He's using an RS315 and a Dayton 240w plate amp.

Comment

• Villainstone
          • Mar 2008

Haha TY sorry I am super new and didn't know that you needed all that info for you to help. I am more than happy to fill you in though...my room is about 15x20, and is filled in nicely. Yes I am pairing the Dayton RSS315 4ohm 12", and the Dayton 240w plate amp. My internal enclosure is about 3.35cu.ft. after taking all displacement accounted for. My design is a 4"x16" port and a 22.5hz tune lol, I have seen HT subs at like 15-20hz and I would like music as well... so 22hz seemed good but not sure.

Comment

• Villainstone
            • Mar 2008

Bump

Comment

• BobEllis
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Without having modeled it, that should be OK if it produces a slight (1-3 dB) droop in response to counter room gain. You might want t consider a high pass filter, say second order at 15 Hz or so, to protect the sub from the super low effects in some movies.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BobEllis
                You might want t consider a high pass filter, say second order at 15 Hz or so, to protect the sub from the super low effects in some movies.
                The Dayton plate amps have a built in high pass filter. According to the tech guys at PE, they are 3db down by 20hz or so. The Bash amps are 3db down at 18hz.

Comment

• Villainstone
                  • Mar 2008

I read in a review PDF by Darren Kuzma that the Dayton amp is 3dB down to 18hz on the low side as well, and goes as high as 168hz on the high side. I will be buying the MDF Thursday or Friday and get to work on Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"