How can I squeeze more life from a pair of Onkyo SKF-200F ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by servicetech
    Did speaker builder magazine go into things like impedance curves back then?
    All the articles in Speaker Builder (now a part of AudioXpress) are submitted by readers. So the data was and is limited to whatever the designer provided.

Electronics Illustrated, Popular Electronics, even Popular Mechanics contained speaker building articles way back when.....

The earliest DIY designs were horns since amplifier power was so expen$ive.....Lots of people think transmission lines are some current rage. There were multiple Speaker Builder articles about TL's in the 1970's

To the OP.....instead of buying random speaker components where you have no real idea whats going to happen, buy this book..."Speaker Building 201: A Comprehensive Course in Speaker Design" by Ray Alden

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

I remember buying this one shortly after it came out. My friend google found it in someone's audio bibliography -- all I could remember is it was a Sams book.

How to Build Speaker Enclosures
      Alexis Badmaieff & Don Davis,
      © 1966 Howard W. Sams & Co., Inc., Indianapolis, IN

general, port tuning & testing, chokes & crossovers (dated but interesting)

Comment

• servicetech
        • Sep 2007

To the OP. See if your local library has any speaker building books, the price is right

Comment

• fjhuerta
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Dennis H
          The OP said he'd like a sub but can't afford it right now. Instead of wasting good money on dubious mods to his speakers, regardless of how educational that might be, I'd suggest he put the money in his sub piggy bank. A sub will make a real improvement in his sound and is a very good first DIY project.
          My first DIY project was an Adire Audio Tempest sealed box. 7 years later, I still use it.
          Javier Huerta

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"