Anything to audition in southern california... ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelofDeth
    • Mar 2008

Anything to audition in southern california... ?

Hey Everyone... This is my first post, I hope this is ok. I am looking for a pair of front speakers, and was considering some IDs in the $500 range, but my current speakers were built from a kit about 10 years ago. I'm thinking about building new ones again, but it would help if I could hear any of the ones I might be interested in, mainly the Natalie Ps or Modula MT.... So if there is anyone is SoCal that might be open to auditioning them to a complete stranger please let me know....
  • servicetech
    • Sep 2007

Do you remember what the kit was? I built some from MCM 15yrs ago and recently upgraded the tweeters and added a zobel to the woofer. made a HUGE difference in sound for $40. Worth a shot if you also bought one of these MCM kits. Even if you build new mains the 10yr old kits would do great in a 2nd room.

Comment

• AngelofDeth
      • Mar 2008

Yeah, they are Audio Concepts Spirits. I do like them, but they were considered "budget" at the time... I think I paid $250 for the kit. They are 8" two ways, I considered possibly re-using the cabinet, but it seems 8" two way designs arn't too common now, and I figured i'd either put them in another room, or maybe use them as surrounds which I don't even have right now... Strictly two channel right now, although im in the process of building a subwoofer too.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mike Dzurko is a good designer and a genuine nice guy. It's always a pleasure to speak with him at the RMAF.

If the current drive units are in good repair, it would be a shame to gut the cabinets.

Mike's design philosophy is a bit different from JonMarsh's. Jon tends to design speakers that function in many ways as 'test instruments', designed to flush out anything and everything in the recording. Generally speaking I find the offerings from ACI to be more forgiving...

I think the NatP's would be a nice upgrade from your Spirits.

Sorry but I don't recall anyone from SoCal building the NatP's

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"