X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

How good is Behringer, really?

I was.... hmm... someone sent me a link... er...

OK, I was browsing the TMZ web site (guilty pleasure!) and I found that...

Amy Winehouse's crew specifically mentions Behringer by name, as in:

NO BEHRINGER OR SAMSOM ANYWHERE IN THE SYSTEM!!
    (under "Amy Winehouse channel list", on said document).

Why is this?
    Javier Huerta
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Originally posted by fjhuerta
    I was.... hmm... someone sent me a link... er...

OK, I was browsing the TMZ web site (guilty pleasure!) and I found that...

www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0304_amy_winehousewm.pdf

(under "Amy Winehouse channel list", on said document).

Why is this?
    But, to answer your question. IMO, from the Pro-PA world, Behringer isn't very good...

But, everytime I say that someone says I don't know what I am talking about. So, whatever...

That is a funny FOH/Monitor list...
    -Joe

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by joetama

If you think that's funny, just check out what her "food and drink" requrements are. Yikes... that would be enough to get all of my old College friends completely drunk! :E
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

Originally posted by fjhuerta
        If you think that's funny, just check out what her "food and drink" requrements are. Yikes... that would be enough to get all of my old College friends completely drunk! :E
        I have read a lot of riders from a wide variety of bands, they are all pretty rediculus...

But, the audio guys are a little too particular.

They pretty much want only Midas consoles too, it specifically says no Yamaha Digital or Analog, which is a bit absurd.

If they are going to be that particular they should bring their own console. :roll:
        -Joe

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

I'm really surprised it doesn't say anywhere "one bag crack cocaine".

That is a LOT of alcohol. I know of a few venues that won't supply alcohol to ANYONE. So that would be interesting to see Winehouse play at one of those venues.

I've wanted to buy one of her albums just to check it out... But, I don't want to support her habbits so I haven't... :T
          -Joe

Comment

• whoaru99
            • Jul 2004

It may reflect a bad experience somewhere in the past, regardless of the present circumstance. Or, often it's largely an image thing or just a way to weed out a certain level of company that may apply for the job.

Although most professional audio guys still don't like Behringer, I see a slight crack in the door with some Behringer products in their "B" or "C" rigs, such as the DCX2496 crossover/speaker management unit.
            There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

Originally posted by whoaru99
              It may reflect a bad experience somewhere in the past, regardless of the present circumstance. Or, often it's largely an image thing or just a way to weed out a certain level of company that may apply for the job.

Although most professional audio guys still don't like Behringer, I see a slight crack in the door with some Behringer products in their "B" or "C" rigs, such as the DCX2496 crossover/speaker management unit.
              We had all dbx, KT, and Drawmer in the main system...

And some Behringer in our "B" system...8O
              -Joe

Comment

• cug
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by joetama
                But, to answer your question. IMO, from the Pro-PA world, Behringer isn't very good...

But, everytime I say that someone says I don't know what I am talking about. So, whatever...

At least about Behringer, you know what you're talking about ... That stuff is crap. At least from my Meyer Sound / BSS perspective.

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

For those finding this interesting
                  It's been SOP to have this clause in the contract for touring equipment and has been so for a VERY LONG TIME

And we're not going to continue having this discussion over and over and over..So get a clue from this locked thread.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"