X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Santa came early!

My wife gave me a call today at work and left a message saying "We can't wait for you to come home!". Well, we're the only ones that live there so I was a little confused. To my surprise my 6 RS390s were waiting for me as I walked in the front door!

I'm going to be using one per side in my dipoles and will be putting the remaining four in a ceiling manifold IB. These will be used for moderate SPL music listening so I don't need tons of excursion. I'm mainly going for low distortion and think these will do the job.

Construction won't start for another 1-2 months as the weather warms up so it's going to be a long, hard wait for me. I also need to do some finishing work on the room they're going in (hardwood floors and painting) so if I get to them in 2 months I'll be surprised. :B

I just had to post. I feel like a little kid. Now I wish my wife would have gift wrapped them!
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

Very cool! And remember, just cause they only have 14mm xmax (they still have 21mm xmech) that four driver IB will get plenty loud.

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

IB's are positively amazing. Congratulations!!!
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• peter_m
        • Sep 2007

Holly #@$%*& is all I have to say.

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by WillyD
          Very cool! And remember, just cause they only have 14mm xmax (they still have 21mm xmech) that four driver IB will get plenty loud.
          Oh, I hear ya. I had four Shiva 12" (see my avatar, turned sideways) in a wall line array at the old townhouse and from a 10' seating distance I think I hit 106 dB @ 10 hz and probably had a little bit left in them. These should have 50% more displacement than the Shivas and I'm probably going to activate a rumble filter around 15 hz. or so just in case. These should give me all the output I need...for now :T

Comment

• fjhuerta
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2006

I have a 4 15" Cerwin Vega HED-15 IB. Cheapest drivers I could find - and amazingly enough, they seemed to be built for an IB. The parameters were perfect.

I have two small Audiosource monoblocks. The 70W model.

I've never, ever clipped them. My wife would evict me if I even tried. Even with those drivers, bass is just about perfect. I don't think I've ever heard a commercial subwoofer like it!
            Javier Huerta

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"