X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpremo55
    • Apr 2006

Any Experience: SB25STC-C000-4 Textile Dome Tweeter

Looking in the new category at Madisound, I found this tweeter. For a budget build with a 6" or less midbass, it looks like something worth considering. To my novice eye, the curves look good - with a potentially beneficial dip right at the baffle step region. Obviously no time-decay info to review. I'm also not at all familiar with SB Acoustics and their reputation for quality.

Anyone have any experience with these?
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

John Krutke just tested those: http://www.zaphaudio.com/blog.html

Comment

• tpremo55
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jed
      John Krutke just tested those: http://www.zaphaudio.com/blog.html
      Ah, so he has... I routinely check John's driver test area but keep forgetting to check his blog...

Thanks Jed.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

I was hoping they would have somewhat better performance, but they sure seem to have an extended response regardless of their average harmonic distortion numbers. And the price seems reasonable.

Jed

Comment

• tpremo55
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jed
          I was hoping they would have somewhat better performance, but they sure seem to have an extended response regardless of their average harmonic distortion numbers. And the price seems reasonable.

Jed
          Me too. As I look at the plots that John posted, I certainly see what he is talking about, but to the degree to which we are looking at a $25 tweeter they look reasonable...

Here are a few to compare (all plots from John's site - zaphaudio):

The SB25STC ($25):

Seas 27TBCDGB-DXT ($52) that John also has in the blog:

And lastely, a comparably priced favorite of this group -
          The vifa D26NC55 ($26):

By the looks of this comparison, it looks to me to measure pretty well. I'm focusing above 2K assuming you would not go much lower. First order HD looks to be comparable or lower than the others through the critical upper midrange. 2nd order also looks good in the upper mid-range while 3rd order looks to hold it's own with the Vifa (the Seas gets much better in the same upper midrange region). Then it all falls apar in 4th and 5th order. Unless I am reading these wrong...

Looking back at the old standby Seas 27TBFC - the SB25STC appears to best it in both F1 and F2 for the usable band (again, 4th adn 5th is there the SB25 appears to fall down...)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"