X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrismercurio
    • May 2007

Kloning - Inifinity?

Can any of you point to anyone's projects that emulate the old Infinity IRS or RS 1 (A or B)? Basically a 4 piece stereo sytem with dipole line array mids and tweeters and closed woofer arrays.

They can be viewed here:

and

Thanks,

C
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

At this point your planar mid options are B&G RD50/75 or a line of the Neo 8"s.

Since many of the benefits of dipole are in the woofer area, I recommend staying dipole for the fullrange of the speaker.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chrismercurio
      • May 2007

Thomas,

What about doing a 4 piece system like the Infinity or Wisdom Audio? The problems I find with doing OB bass is reasonable extension without massive baffles, or too many woofers...or excessive eq, or.....

C

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by chrismercurio
        Thomas,

What about doing a 4 piece system like the Infinity or Wisdom Audio?
        What about it? All it takes is cubic money to do it right..

Sometime in 08 the B&G Neo 10" will be released to the general public. The other midrange option is the http://www.eminent-tech.com/lft10/carspeaker.html

If this is approached rationally something like the Maggie 1.6 with added woofers or the http://www.eminent-tech.com/lft8prod.html begin to see like reasonable alternatives.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chrismercurio
          • May 2007

I have something good down to 200-250 on a reasonably sized baffle and need to cover the 3+ octaves with something else. I don't know what cubic money is....is it related to cubic feet?

Thanks for the tips...

C

Comment

• Johnloudb
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2007

I think Thomas is referring to cubic "bricks" of money, i.e. lots of money!

You might also check out these speakers. They will also let you buy the ribbon drivers separately so you can design you own cabinet with you own choice of woofers.

Sorry! 404 Page Not Found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try using...
            John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"