Help piece together this gear for a friend.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evan
    • Jan 2007

Help piece together this gear for a friend.

I was at a friend's house last night and he was showing me the subs he got on a trade. It's a couple Phoenix Gold Octane R 12". He wants to use them in two separate enclosures for his home theater setup. Right now he's using a Logitech X-540 5.1 system and he also has a spare Logitech Z-5500 setup with a blown amp in storage. He wants to continue using Logitech satellites for now and maybe upgrade those later. He uses it mostly for his XBox360 and is just using the audio outs from there straight into the Logitech sub/amp unit.

So... here's what he's got:
    -Xbox360 (source)
    -Two PG Octane R-12's (SVC 4ohm)
    -A set of Logitech X-540
    -A set of Logitech Z-5500 with a blown amp

If it were me I'd probably sell the X-540, buy a receiver for the X-5500 sattelites and a pro audio amp for the subs, but he wants to spend as little money as possible. I was thinking maybe plate amps would be the cheapest way to get the subs involved, but any way I look at it I think he's going to have to get a receiver of some kind to power the satts and control the overall volume.

Any ideas?
    Evan.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"