X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by clark
    I realize this is really old...and from what I've seen elsewhere (rather: not seen) this either didn't work out well or wasn't pursued. Just checking in case it did come up again somewhere and I missed it. I was going to post this in the surround thread, but was unsure about cutting this quote from here and moving it there.
    Nobody ever offered to build and ship the mockup, so it never happened and I moved on.

Also, the design in this thread is no longer supported just in case anyone doesn't realize it. The design is now the ZDT3.5 using the fabric version of this tweeter from Dayton.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• jkrutke
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by clark
      I thing the fabric over the tweeter idea is cool. Did anyone try this? I'm thinking of giving it a try on mine - might work well considering that many people have adjusted theirs for being a little 'bright'.
      Solving a batch consistency problem of tweeter sensitivity should be done in the crossover. I don't think it will be reduced by grill fabric, just made a little ragged. I'll try to remember to test this out next time I get my test baffle out. I've got some grill fabric scraps around here.
      Zaph|Audio

Comment

• clark
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jkrutke
        Nobody ever offered to build and ship the mockup, so it never happened and I moved on.

Also, the design in this thread is no longer supported just in case anyone doesn't realize it. The design is now the ZDT3.5 using the fabric version of this tweeter from Dayton.
        How would you want the mockup built?

Comment

• Fatcat1969
          • Nov 2008

ZD3C Center Channel question.

Hi everyone.
          I posted this question on the P.E. forum but I wanted to ask here as well.
          I am interested in building this CC speaker as my first DIY project but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping folks can help me with.
          First; I'm looking to build the sealed version iof this speaker using the PE cabinet spec'd on the Zaph Audio website but I am wondering if the speaker will require stuffing of any sort. If so what kind and how much? On his site, John mentions his preference of Acousti-stuff for sealed enclosures but on the actual speaker page there is no mention of requiring stuffing or any sort of damping material. I've done several web searches and I've seen one particular vented version that was lined with Sonic Barrier but I haven't found a sealed one that mentioned what it was stuffed with.
          Second; while I've seen posts of a few folks who built or were planning on building this speaker I've been hard pressed to find any comments as to the sound quality or sonic impressions. Anyone care to mention any here?

Thanks..........Carlo.

Comment

• alias2
            • Oct 2008

The stuffing of sealed boxes is not critical unless you are trying to optimise it.
            Which is the point of stuffing where the Fbox impedance peak is lowest in
            frequency, and also the lowest Qbox. According to Zaphs parameters the
            box is plently big enough for sealed and "optimum" stuffing is not needed.
            Sealed can have wall damping but they do not need foam lining, just stuff.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"