X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Some pics of my latest build

Just finishing up a 5.1 set up for a friends mom. She only had a $1000 budget so I couldn't work in any of the lineup series. She wanted something small so I went with Roman's RS125 MTM with the TB tweeter. The surrounds are Microbes. The LR will mount on the wall next to a 42" LCD, the center below. The surrounds will be mounted to pillars at the back of the room from the side. The mount side of the surrounds and the back of the LCR are recessed 1/4" to hide the wires.

The sub is a Dayton RSS12-4 with a PE 240 watt amp. Box is 2.5 cu.ft. net tuned to 22-23 hz with a 3" Precision port. Both the port and driver are down firing at the request of said mom.

The sound is pretty good considering the changes I made to these to make them wall mountable and not stick out past the TV. They're pretty weak in the midbass area, but I'm hoping the wall mounting will help some with that. Cabinets are lined with 1/2" sonic barrier, but I didn't add any stuffing. I'll probably experiment with a little fiberglass fill to see if that makes a difference.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with these, and don't think she could do better for 1k with commercial stuff. Hopefully she feels the same. :B

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3313.webp
Views:	27
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	943835

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3315.webp
Views:	24
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	943836
    Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 21:49 Monday. Reason: Update image location
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Those are good looking speakers. Very nice work!!
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

Thanks John.

I just noticed how crappy those pictures look. YUK!! The speakers look much nicer in person.

BTW, I hope I haven't offended anyone by using another persons design. I can assure you though that between the parts, the wood, the finish, and the gas money to get stuff, I'm not making anything on these! I really did want to use the Lineups since I actually have a little bit invested in them, but there is no way I could have done it for under 1k, and that was her budget. And it is my friends mom.

I watched part of The Return of the King on these last night, and I think she will be very pleased. He has a $1200 Bose set up (it was his wifes before they married!) that his mom thinks sounds outstanding. I'm thinking these should be a step or 2 up.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Nickalodean huh?

Comment

• PoorboyMike
          • Oct 2005

ummmm, it must have been the kids. ops:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"