X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prho
    • Nov 2007

router cutting question

i have a hitachi m12v and a jasper jig i want to cut a 5-5/8 inch circle but i think it doesn't cut that small am i wrong?
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

yes.

I used the Jasper 200 Jig over Christmas to cut the holes for my RS150s and tweeters. I did have some issues, because of where the router base plate mates up to the jig, you can push the center pin all the way through the hole in the jasper. I was just very careful and did it with the pin just barely in the jig.

Should be do able. But, a homemade jig isn't that hard to make from scrap wood. Just copy the Jasper and modify as needed.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• prho
      • Nov 2007

let me rephrase that, does the combination work? has anyone cut circles that small with the jig and hitachi?

Comment

• prho
        • Nov 2007

ok i think i understand you. just barely put the pin in basically the depth of the jig.

Comment

• gmed
          • Dec 2006

Jasper Jig should work with all if not most of the routers, and yes, you should be able to cut that size.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by prho
            ok i think i understand you. just barely put the pin in basically the depth of the jig.
            Correct when you're cutting circles smaller than the router's stock base, frequently the pin can only be inserted the thickness of the jig

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Eton
              • Jun 2006

For odd circumference circles you will need something like the jig I built few weeks ago.

Comment

• prho
                • Nov 2007

thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"