X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operandi
    • May 2007

Alesis PE Driver Buyout

Saw these in my Jan. PE sales flyer; 1" silk dome tweeter and 6.5" carbon fiber woofer, there is also a 5.25 and 6.5 poly woofer.

Anyone think these could make a good high-value two way?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Typically exotic cone drivers have breakup points fairly low in the passband. This means low crossover points, steep crossovers slopes, and that = $pendy crossovers.

If value is the goal, look at either poly or paper cone midwoofers that don't breakup down low.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Operandi
      • May 2007

Yeah.

I don't really have a goal in mind, I was just thinking with the low price somebody might be interested in testing these out and seeing how they perform.

Comment

• joecarrow
        • Apr 2005

I second what Thomas said. If Alesis ever did in fact use the two of these drivers together, my best guess is that they would use an active crossover. Powered studio monitors commonly have that, and they list the amplifier power for the bass channel as well as the tweeter.
        -Joe Carrow

Comment

• Nemophyle
          • Jul 2006

doesnt look like that much of a bargain to me, the carbon drivers looks nothing special, you're better of with some dayton Da-170 or even RS series.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"