X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArvinK
    • Jun 2003

Troels' Soldering Taglines

Just a FYI for any crossover builders out there.

I really liked the "soldering taglines" that Troels used to build his crossovers and I was thinking of using these on some of my projects. Troels said that they were from RS Components but I had a heck of a time finding them on the company's U.K. site. I finally tracked down a U.S. equivalent.

They are actually called "fanning strips" and are made in various lengths (positions) by a company called Cinch. They are available through Allied Electronics at a pretty reasonable price. (http://www.alliedelec.com)

Here are a few of the Allied part numbers:

750-6628
    750-6629
    750-6634

You can take a look at the company's pdf file that's imbedded in the product detail for the other lengths that are available. Nice to know if you want to try them for your next build.

Cheers!
  • ArvinK
    • Jun 2003

OOPS!!
    I meant to call them, "lug-type treminal strips". Sorry!

Comment

• TacoD
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2004

I also like his method . The (very) old tube based Tec. scopes are also done using p2p and terminal strips. Looks very robust and should last a long time.

Comment

• JoshK
        • Mar 2005

We tube builders use these all the time for p2p circuit building. They really help to keep things organized and make the points stay where you want them to. My only suggestion is to still make the wires directly solder together and use the rings on the strips to hold them in place, not as an intermediate conductor. But that is fairly straight forward and most would do naturally.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"