X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pablo
    • Nov 2007

Fountek JP2.0

Hello everybody.

I´m trying to simulate a two way system with Morel MW166 and Fountek JP 2.0.

There is no chance to take real measures this time, since this is for a far friend with no equipment, so I´ll use the old method of tracing the responses.

I would be very grateful if someone could post real measurements for this ribbon. I´m not sure about manufacturer´s frequency and impedance.

Thanks in advance.

Pablo.
  • Scottg
    • Nov 2006

Should be similar to the G3Si here:

Comment

• Pablo
      • Nov 2007

Thanks for your answer.

Are they the same ribbon under different brands?

Comment

• Scottg
        • Nov 2006

Different manufacturer.

At the time of the JP2, Fountek and Aurum Cantus were producing near equivalents (with the exception of their largest drivers), now Fountek's stuff has gone to a reinforced ribbon that you can also see measured on that same website. In fact you can see that because of the newer ribbon in the Neo 2, (with its increase in mass), that it is marginally less efficient than the G3Si.

If I were to expect any real difference between the G3Si and the JP2, it would be a slight increase in efficiency (maybe a decibel more) for the JP2.. and likely a different response above 10-12 kHz. Driver impedance however would be much closer to the Neo2 (though even here they aren't that different).

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"