X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maceo23
    • Dec 2006

Failed project begets new project

Hello All

Well, original plan to run a pair of tc12oem subs off of a pair of Nady XA-900 amps has officially ended in disaster. The bottom line is that there is just to much current being drawn and just listening to music is dimming my lights. Upgrading the wiring for that circuit in my townhouse basically necesitates cutting holes in my walls, so thats out. So as a result, I have decided to sell off my subs and amps and just go ahead and build a more effecient llt. I figure I can go with an Adire tempest. I'm gonna go ahead and buld a sonosub, but I really don't know where to start with are space and port legnth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Adire is out of business. The Dayton DVC is pretty close to the old Tempest or the Dayton RS series is a better driver for not much more money.

All that said, all these subs need quite a bit of power. If your lights are dimming, you've got a problem. Generally speaking, bigger enclosures are more efficient so go as big as you can. Lighter cones are also more efficient so Mms may be a shopping consideration, understanding that you may give up low end extension to get more efficiency.

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Would an amp with a switching power supply, such as a Bash, maybe a better solution?
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"