• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

A rather interesting offer........

from Kevin Haskins.............

This special is limited by my amplifier supplier who is running the limited time sale. It ends at the end of this year so don't dilly-dally. If I run out of drivers, the sale is ended immediately.

Our subs are the best value on the planet and these amplifiers are top-notch in quality and performance. If you have the itch to build a sub, there is NOT a better time than now and once my current inventory of drivers are gone, the sale is done.

Amplifiers have full 5 year warranty. These are designed bullet-proof for continuous pro-audio applications.

Call me to place the order..... 360-452-9373

Amplifier Details:

Add a Woofer Widget to any package for $299 including shipping. Widgets are not available for about 2+ more weeks but you can reserve your unit in advance. All subs and amplifiers ready to ship, you don't have to wait for Santa.
    Here are some pictures of the Face F1200TS amp....

Last edited by ThomasW; 10 December 2007, 22:08 Monday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

My Christmas present to myself is a pair of Face F1200TS.... :B
    Last edited by ThomasW; 10 December 2007, 22:09 Monday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether to go for just 2 or 4 of the 15's.

Given that 2 Dayton IB 15's generally have enough output, I should probably be sane and go with just 2. Which is why 4 is soooo tempting.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Given the realities of the high cost of oil, metals, etc, the price of everything on the planet is going to bounce way up. So get 4 now while you can afford them... :T :B

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ---k---
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2005

Those look like beautiful amps.

But, and this is a very sincere question,for a subwoofer do you really think they are better performers than the common EP2500? The Face F700 is **** vs. $350 for the EP2500.

I'm assuming based on the fact that Thomas bought two (WOW!), and CJD is considering one, they are better. I respect you're guy's opinion. I just hoping you wouldn't mind shedding some light on why you think they are better - especially for subs.
          Last edited by ThomasW; 10 December 2007, 21:43 Monday.
          - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
          CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
          CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

Impressive looking amps. I wonder how they sound fullrange?

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Ryan,

These are real prosound amps, so they're in a different league than the Behringers. (now don't think I'm dissing Behringer because I'm not, for those on a budget there's certainly nothing better)

These are amps you buy and 10-20yrs later they're still running. So IMO the cost of admission is a steal compared to the competition (Crown, QSC, etc).

Now they might not sound significantly better than a EP-2500 when used on a sub, but there's no way I'll lose money even if for some unexpected reason I need to sell them....

Originally posted by Dennis H
              I guess we'll know pretty soon. The big amp shootout an Ayre K5-xe vs $650 Face F1200TS....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• mante
                • Jul 2004

Full range? Could this be the third and final amp for the fully active Isiris?

Craig

Comment

• cjd
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Dec 2004

I'm SO going to get in trouble.

4x + F700.

1800W should be enough, I think? I mean, I DO have, uh... maybe 1200 cubic feet in my room...

C

Comment

• tyler
                    • Feb 2007

The internals remind me of a Bryston amp. Very nice though.......:B

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by cjd

4x + F700.

1800W should be enough, I think? I mean, I DO have, uh... maybe 1200 cubic feet in my room...

C
                      Sounds like it's just barely enough....:roflmao:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
                        My Christmas present to myself is a pair of Face F1200TS.... :B

The price is way too good to pass up, besides the amps driving my IB subs are getting a little long in the tooth ......
                        Damn Thomas, I didn't mean to have you spending your Christmas cash on amplifiers. 8O

I have to say, its nice to have a big power amp with a gain control and the bullet-proof features of a good quality pro-sound amplifier. I never have to worry if I have enough ummph to drive something.

I'm getting in a load of XJ-18 subwoofers that can use 1000W each to reach their full 66mm of P-P throw. :twisted: Nothing like a little excess.... I can drive two of them with one amp and STILL have headroom to spare. :T

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dennis H
                          Mine is very clean. I would call it very neutral and I wouldn't have reservations about using it full range. The biggest issue with most 2-channel use is the active cooling. To deliver that kind of power, even with the high efficiency you pretty much are forced into active cooling or a very large passive unit that runs hotter and requires a much larger heat dissipation area. Almost all the pro-audio units use active fans for cooling for these kind of power levels.

If your using them in a rack space that is enclosed it would be a non-issue. If you have them sitting between your loudspeakers in the open you will hear the fans during silent passages. Its something to consider in placement of the amp vs. listening position.
                          Last edited by Kevin Haskins; 10 December 2007, 21:21 Monday.

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cjd

4x + F700.

C
                            Man.... you are going to be on the couch with the dog. At least you will have plenty of bass.

Comment

• riceaterslc
                              • Aug 2006

please tell me they can ship APO AP via USPS priority
                              chris

Comment

• ---k---
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cjd

4x + F700.

C
                                Thomas is getting 2-F1200. Man up and at least get 1-F1200.

:rofl
                                :rofl

Man, that is going to crush your room. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
                                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• crazybastard
                                  • Oct 2007

I'm in for 3 f1200's if Kevin lets me buy it after I get my bonus chec in Jan.

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by crazybastard
                                    I'm in for 3 f1200's if Kevin lets me buy it after I get my bonus chec in Jan.
                                    If it was up to me, I'd keep the price where it is for good. Its a special put in place by the manufacture. I'll continue to discount them with subwoofer purchases but the super-special ends with the new year. Maybe we will get lucky and they will extend it but its outside of my control.

Comment

• chasw98
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kevin Haskins
                                      Mine is very clean. I would call it very neutral and I wouldn't have reservations about using it full range. The biggest issue with most 2-channel use is the active cooling. To deliver that kind of power, even with the high efficiency you pretty much are forced into active cooling or a very large passive unit that runs hotter and requires a much larger heat dissipation area. Almost all the pro-audio units use active fans for cooling for these kind of power levels.

If your using them in a rack space that is inclosed it would be a non-issue. If you have them sitting between your loudspeakers in the open you will hear the fans during silent passages. Its something to consider in placement of the amp vs. listening position.
                                      Kevin:
                                      What would it take to get a unit for testing? Either an F700 or an F1200. These amps look very similar in design and layout to all the other quality amps being produced in Asia (Behringer/QSC/Crown). And all the other quality amps from Asia so far will not meet their rated published specs when tested with a load for distortion and power. I am very curious about these amps. PM me if there is a possibility we can work something out.

Chuck

Comment

• cjd
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Dec 2004

Man.... you are going to be on the couch with the dog. At least you will have plenty of bass.
                                        Uh... I might be having to sleep with the neighbor's dog... the one that died this fall.

C

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by chasw98
                                          Kevin:
                                          What would it take to get a unit for testing? Either an F700 or an F1200. These amps look very similar in design and layout to all the other quality amps being produced in Asia (Behringer/QSC/Crown). And all the other quality amps from Asia so far will not meet their rated published specs when tested with a load for distortion and power. I am very curious about these amps. PM me if there is a possibility we can work something out.

Chuck
                                          The only measurements I've seen from a third party are from Europe. Someone posted to my forum but I guess its a "no-no" to post links to other forums here.

Bottom line.... looked like they would deliver about 1130W into 4 Ohms each channel with just under 1% THD. The 10% distortion figure is at about 1170 so pretty close to the 1200W marketing number.

The only other load they used was bridged into 8 ohms, it made rated power with 2009W into 8 ohms bridged <5% THD. I guess the tester didn't want to take the chance of smoking his amp by doing bridged 4 ohm load test. ;-)

Of course line conditions are going to vary these numbers by 10% or so.

Assuming these figures are accurate, that is MUCH better than most amps in terms of matching their advertised specifications. Many plate amps are lucky to get 70% of their marketing numbers.

What would it take to get one for testing? Someone willing to pay for it. 8)

Comment

• WillyD
                                            • Feb 2006

And all the other quality amps from Asia so far will not meet their rated published specs when tested with a load for distortion and power.
                                            Hey, I thought my Crown XS met its specs!

Comment

• ThomasW
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2000

The only measurements I've seen from a third party are from Europe. Someone posted to my forum but I guess its a "no-no" to post links to other forums here.
                                              There are exceptions to every rule. Here ya go....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Bent
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Sep 2003

What would it take to get one for testing? Someone willing to pay for it.
                                                :T
                                                :rofl:

Comment

• cjd
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Dec 2004

That sine sweep doesn't look so hot to me. I don't understand a bit of the rest.

C

Comment

• yousuredo2
                                                    • Jun 2006

So, how does this compare to Emotiva stuff...?
                                                    I have been considering this 6/7 channel, but the face 250ts looks awesome too...
                                                    I know they aren't apples to apples, but any feedback would help
                                                    My System
                                                    ~ BenQ w5000 DLP 1080p Projector
                                                    ~ Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-60A3000
                                                    ~ Onkyo tx sr805
                                                    ~ Sony PS.3
                                                    ~ Xbox 360
                                                    ~ Natalie P's Main L/R
                                                    ~ Polk Csi A6 -Center
                                                    ~ Polk RTi6 Rears
                                                    ~ Behringer ep2500
                                                    ~ Behringer Fbq 2496

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2000

You'd need to by 3 or 4 F250TS to get enough channels. That's a lot more money than a shipped LPA-1.

I can't speak to the sound quality of either the Face or Emotiva. I'll know a lot more about the Face amps when mine arrive. I have numerous high-end amps for comparison purposes.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cjd
                                                        That sine sweep doesn't look so hot to me. I don't understand a bit of the rest.

C
                                                        Its hard to tell the scale on that thing. I did do a simple frequency response measurement of my amp to see what was going on under 20Hz for subwoofer use. It looks like a simple DC blocking cap because your 3db down point is 6Hz. You see a little squiggle @ the 60Hz line noise and the FR looks flat out to 20K (which was the limit of what I measured). The fuzzyness on the top-end is just my measurement, not the amp. My laptop switching power supply adds some noise unless I unplug it.

Comment

• cjd
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Dec 2004

Yeah, the lower end looks like a filter cap. Your graph is flatter to 20Hz - F3 in the other looks to be at 10 or 12Hz. An octave higher almost.

Well, if I hate it I'll be able to use it as a doorstop.

I have to figure out how I want to mount this. I was going to make the manifold 19" wide on the inside and simply have "wings" above the top of it to mount this into, but at 19" deep for the amp I think that may be to deep for the space I have available (I have to be able to get around past the manifold since the main water valve is back there). Got a little time to figure it out.

C

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                                                            • Jan 2005

Ok.... I'm catching grief for my pricing. Email me if you are interested in an amp. You have to buy a bunch of subs too. :B

Comment

• cjd
                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                              • Dec 2004

Kevin: four words...

*please call for pricing

Let the grand old interweb carry the deal now that word is out.

C

Comment

• craigwblake
                                                                • Nov 2007

Mea culpa. I guess nowadays you can get someone in trouble just by making sure they are an authorized dealer. ops:

My apologies if it makes getting this deal more difficult for anyone.

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
                                                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by craigwblake
                                                                  Mea culpa. I guess nowadays you can get someone in trouble just by making sure they are an authorized dealer. ops:

My apologies if it makes getting this deal more difficult for anyone.
                                                                  No worries Craig. Its just part of playing nice.

Comment

Working...
                                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                  Search Result for "|||"