X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Craig
    • Jul 2006

Don Keele

Here's a link to the papers of Don Keele, one of the best engineers in the speaker industry. Lots of good stuff here http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/papers.htm
  • Carl V
    • Apr 2005

Thanks for the link Rick. Yeah, remember back in the day when AUDIO magazine had a bevy of well educated & talented people on staff.

Your SSR's have been very nice out of doors lately....it's amazing how they sound when you tak ethe room out of the equation.

Comment

• jdybnis
      • Dec 2004

His recent papers on constant beamwidth transducers are an interesting twist on line arrays.
      -Josh

Comment

• Rick Craig
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jdybnis
        His recent papers on constant beamwidth transducers are an interesting twist on line arrays.
        I agree; in fact, I'm privileged to be part of a project building a CBT array for my church.

Comment

• jdybnis
          • Dec 2004

How are you handling lobing? He doesn't really discuss it in his papers. What does the polar response look like in the crossover region?
          -Josh

Comment

• chrismercurio
            • May 2007

Line Sources

Although I have heard a few impressive ones....how do you get around comb filtering and destructive interference? I ask because Rick builds some nice ones.

Thanks in advance,

C

Comment

• Rick Craig
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jdybnis
              How are you handling lobing? He doesn't really discuss it in his papers. What does the polar response look like in the crossover region?
              Actually I'm not the designer but a friend who used to work with Mr. Linkwitz.

Comment

• Rick Craig
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by chrismercurio
                Although I have heard a few impressive ones....how do you get around comb filtering and destructive interference? I ask because Rick builds some nice ones.

Thanks in advance,

C
                It's really a matter of driver spacing and crossover points.

Comment

• Gir
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Rick Craig
                  It's really a matter of driver spacing and crossover points.
                  Could you elaborate? Or are we getting into some real heavy theory here...
                  -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...

Comment

• Rick Craig
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Gir
                    Could you elaborate? Or are we getting into some real heavy theory here...
                    If you read Jim Griffin's paper that will give you a good start.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"