X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kendomusic
    • Dec 2007

Frequency Response Combiner Question

I am a noob attempting to utilize the Frequency Response Combiner. I have extracted a frequency response for a closed box from Unibox for a Seas CRNX18 driver. When I import the .frd file on the FR Combiner I get a nice rising curved graph exactly as it shows in the Unibox application. However, when I try to "normalize" the data with settings 20-30khz and 500 sample points, FRC converts the graph in to a straight slope.
    Please help the knowledge starving noob.
    I attached the pictures of the graphs.
    Attached Files
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Yeah, that's happened to me before too. A big pain. What I do is take a response that I know that will not happen, normalize it, then without clearing everything I import the new file in its place, normalize that and then things seem to work fine for some reason. I know this doesn't seem scientific or anything, but it works.

Jed

Comment

• kendomusic
      • Dec 2007

Maybe I don't understand the concept of extending the slopes when normalizing data in FRC. It seems all "fr" data plot changes when normalized. I noticed that if I increased the number of samples(say 1000), the normalized chart seem to maintain the original plot but has a weird drop.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Have you tried Roman's tutorial yet? www.rjbaudio.com under the audiofiles section.

Comment

• kendomusic
          • Dec 2007

Major noob blunder. Lesson Learned: Read The Manual Dummy!
          I found out that there is an excel add-in that needs to be installed to correct the issues with the "normalizer".
          This will now allow me to proceed in designing a 25 liter 3-way with the following Seas drivers:

CA18RNX - 800 hz below
          MCA12RC - 800 - 3200hz
          27TDFC - 3200 hz up

This will be dedicated for music only. I figured these drivers are easy enough to work with for my first 3-way build. The baffle will be tilted 5 degrees. Any words of wisdom is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"