X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aprilia88
    • Oct 2006

music only sub finished

For my father. m12 powered by a bash 300. 3/4 plywood with 3/4 hardwood on top. 1.75ft3 tuned to 30hz. I think it sound pretty good. It integrates well with the mains. It is not very loud. But It should fit his needs good. And get another speaker off of my shelf.
    Attached Files
  • dawg1161
    • May 2006

Very nice looking.

Comment

• Mazeroth
      • Nov 2004

That turned out great! :T

I have MANY of those types of projects (getting rid of drivers) I need to get underway once I get my garage in order.

Comment

• ch83575
        • Sep 2006

Nice sub. Ported on the bottom? I have a REL sub that is bottom ported and not only is it very picky about placement (I think all subs are) it also sounds quite different with different materials under the sub. Carpet is by far the worst, a granite slab makes quite a difference, but even wood changed things for the better. Not sure why this is, but I suspect the down firing port, some sort of compliance in the carpet or something???

Again great job!

-Chad

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

I meant to ask you what type of finish you used on that?

Comment

• BasiCEvil
            • Feb 2006

Beautiful finish on that sub!

Comment

• aprilia88
              • Oct 2006

I used a wipe on poly, nothing special. Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

• Operandi
                • May 2007

Really nice look sub.

Out of curiosity what are the main channels?

Comment

• dlneubec
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

I really like the mixed hardwood and grain direction in your sub. Nice touches!
                  Dan N.

Comment

• aprilia88
                    • Oct 2006

I turned my old fronts into an open baffle.

those went to my grandmother for a christmas present. now i am using an old 8" peerless/audax design that I built 15 years ago. I will post a pic. you guys will get a good laugh. After I finish my 2-rs390 sub project I will focus on new mains. I kinda want to build a three way like the dundelund budget version. There was talk of a rs390/tang band titanium and d26 combo I think.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"