X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Unibox question (2 of them)

I'm designing a xealed box around a pair of RL-p 15 D4's. I'll be wiring for a total load of 4 ohms nominal. (driver voice coils in series, paralleled with second driver wired in series).
    When entering the TSP's in Unibox, how do I know if driver the given driver specs are for v/c's in parallel or series, and when running the sim, is it then called "two drivers in series?" The specs are listed here
    (I'm guessing at Re = 6.1, they are meaning in series...).
    My box is approx 43" x 22" x 22" external which means 40 x 19 x 19 internal, + 14440 cu inches prior to drivers and bracing. = apprx 8.5 ft^3 before bracing and drivers.
    I'm going to be conservative and guess I'll be at 7 ft^3 after building and would like to know what my system Q will be and whether utilizing my ADA-1200's L-T will be required as I'll need to plan on adding some resistors and caps...

I have a BFD-!!@$ already. (oops, shift key was stuck).
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bent
    (I'm guessing at Re = 6.1, they are meaning in series...)
    Yes 2 -4 ohm VC's wired in series, makes the resistance 6.1 ohms for a single driver. So tell the progam you're using 2- 6 ohm drivers wired in series if that's how you're going to do it.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 28 November 2007, 17:44 Wednesday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"