X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Haskins
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cjd
    Kevin, if you're serious about considering interface improvements, holler. I probably can't help much with implementation, but getting the features to work right for all users, more possible. And general usability.

It doesn't have to be voice activated, it needs to interact via something other than visuals. JAWS does a pretty good job with software that's well written. Even a "view graph as pure data" setting with a properly tabular data assemblage could work.

I sometimes think the blind see more easily than the rest of us. Different things, of course. We get so used to sight that we actually forget to USE it so often.

C
    I spend so much time scanning information that I miss a lot. I'm afraid thats how I read the forums too. I don't have time to read everything so I scan.... and miss a few things here and there.

I'm looking at some features to just export graphs as raw data. Our first priorities are just getting things working and fully debugged. The smaller details will come later.

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Oh, I totally understand it's a work in progress. I know how that goes too. I think your business approach is such that this kind of stuff WILL happen in the end, but I've not met many developers that actually consider usability and accessibility. As I do interface development for a living, I spend rather a lot of time and STILL get it wrong (but it's also great to learn and do better the next time...)

On a side note, the thing that sold me on the Squeezebox over any other similar device: A gentleman over on HTL that's got ALS had some problems using their interface - he contacted them about it. Most were changes/enhancements they were already considering, but they focused on them - only a few days later they sent out a new version of the software that worked much better for him.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"