how do u make teh lip on a box for the speaker to sit on?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Empyrials
    • Nov 2007

how do u make teh lip on a box for the speaker to sit on?

you guys offset the speaker to make it flush with the outside of teh box... but how you do make that little lip there? I can do everything else, just don't kno that.

Like the wooden color lip there
  • chiahead
    • Oct 2007

use a circle jig on a plunge router. Start with the widest circle at a shallow depth, work inwards until you are at the diameter where you need to cut all the way through. Cut through and you are done. Don't do the cut through first, because then you have nothing to hold the jig still in the center.

Comment

• jpmst3
      • Oct 2007

If you want to do any speaker project, a good circle jig is a must, as are the appropriate router bits.

Comment

• Empyrials
        • Nov 2007

thank you guys i knew it was a simple answer i just didn't kno

i had planned just using a basic jig and going very careful but since i need/want that lip there, guess i'll be getting something for Christmas

so Something like this should do just fine right?

Comment

• robfive
          • Dec 2005

Go with a Jasper Circle Jig. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=365-250

They are excellent for this application and widly used amoung the DIY speaker scene.

Comment

• Empyrials
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by robfive
            Go with a Jasper Circle Jig. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=365-250

They are excellent for this application and widly used amoung the DIY speaker scene.

that does look very nice and very easy to use. But that doesn't come with a router, i believe that's the right term. What cuts the damn hole, lol... have another recommendation? then i'll leave ya'll alone for now

Comment

• PoorboyMike
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Empyrials
              that does look very nice and very easy to use. But that doesn't come with a router, i believe that's the right term. What cuts the damn hole, lol... have another recommendation? then i'll leave ya'll alone for now
              What you linked to does not include the router either. It's just the jig, and an expensive one at that.

What you need to do is start with a decent plung router. You can make a jig to cut the circles but it will require some trial and error. You can also do the driver recess with a rabbiting bit after the through hole is done.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Yeah you have to buy a router to attach it to.

Comment

• Empyrials
                  • Nov 2007

ahh i'm a newb thought that one i linked came with it. Will do i'll start gathering up the $$$ then start learning

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"