Need new speaker choice for existing cabinet....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fkatzenb
    • May 2006

Need new speaker choice for existing cabinet....

I lead the sound team at my church. We all hate our stupid monitor wedges. Our Ashley EQ's do a wonderful job at cleaning them up but you can see the attached pictures of what it takes to clean up the sound, but they only help so much. We currently slam off the lows just to clean up the sound since these are primarily for singers.

So I am investigating at upgrading the drivers.

Currently they contain the following...

Eminence APT-150 Super Tweeter w/100x50 Horn: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=290-534

Eminence Kappa-12A 12" Driver 8 Ohm: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=290-456

What are my options while using my current cabinet? I am also not sure what my weakest link is either. I unfortunately don't have an easy way to do a map out the frequency on these individually more then what you see on the Ashley which was with both drivers at once. My friend came in with the equipment and we mapped out the Ashley using pink noise.

Thanks for the help!

Frank

PS> I attempted to upload the pictures but they were too big and I don't feel like resizing them.

Edit by moderator, resizing them isn't necessary..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4617.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	939546

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4619.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	939547
    Last edited by theSven; 09 June 2023, 19:02 Friday. Reason: Update image location
    Frank Katzenberger

My Equipment:
    Yamaha RX-V757 Reciever
    Bose VCS-10 Center Channel
    JBL E60 Front & Rear Channels
    Dayton Titanic 15" Sub
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

I bought plans for THIS stage monitor but haven't quite finished it yet. You can check out the forum on that site and all of his designs get very good reviews. They don't cost much over $100 to build so it should be a good value.

Here is where I'm at with mine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	WedgeHorn1.webp Views:	1 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	939539

Click image for larger version  Name:	WedgeHorn2.webp Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	939540
    Last edited by theSven; 09 June 2023, 19:02 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"