X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

Help me find my feet!

My wife was moving the speaker not knowing you had to lift up. She broke one of the feet on the speakers. Partsexpress does not sell them anymore. I really like the look of them, anyone know of this style available somewhere else? Otherwise, I have to pull all of them off and replace w/ something else. :M
    Attached Files
    Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.
  • Brian Bunge
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2001

Didn't Thomas have some extras?

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I have some, but they've all be promised to Poorboy Mike.

That said I have more of them than I initially thought, so he probably won't mind if you get a set.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• PoorboyMike
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
        I have some, but they've all be promised to Poorboy Mike.

That said I have more of them than I initially thought, so he probably won't mind if you get a set.
        WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. :B I wouldn't mind at all. I actually thought you forgot all about it.

Once I get my hands on a set, I'm going to try some lathe work and see if I can duplicate them, maybe even improve upon them a bit.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by PoorboyMike
          Just kidding. :B I wouldn't mind at all. I actually thought you forgot all about it.
          Nope didn't forget it was literally on my list of things to get organized today.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• oxcartdriver
            • Apr 2006

I have two sets of 4 per package. I originally planned to use these, but changed my mind. Brand new never installed. One box never opened.

Comment

• technimac
              • Feb 2005

Perhaps this is serendipity, but I've been looking for two sets of these.
              If anyone has extras and is willing to part with them, please PM me.
              It'll be much appreciated. :P
              TIA ~ Bruce
              "While we're at it" - the four most dangerous words in Home Improvement

Comment

• oxcartdriver
                • Apr 2006

technimac, email sent............

Comment

• digital desire
                  • Dec 2006

I only need one, but would buy a set if I could!

Please Please Please? :P I would make it worth your time!

This brings back the memory of asking a question here a while ago. Should I buy spare drivers???
                  I really should build a grill for that center channel speaker, I have kids running around. And although they know how much love I have in these things, accidents happen. I can see 15 years from now needing a driver, and having to throw out a cabinet because I did not have one. Of course, it would more than likely be a big waste of money, but I would be feeling smug right now if I had bought some extra feet!

I think the feet are at their max capacity with these cabinets. They weigh in around 80 lbs, and of course the carpet does not let them move anyway.
                  Peter
                  Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• oxcartdriver
                    • Apr 2006

If technimac doesn't respond I'll gladly offer the feet to you. I've had them in a box for something like 9 months now.

My WWMT cabinets came it closer to 100lbs each which was part of the reason I did not attach the feet.

Comment

• ---k---
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005

Once I get my hands on a set, I'm going to try some lathe work and see if I can duplicate them, maybe even improve upon them a bit.
                      If you're successful, I would be interested in some 2x - 3x as big.
                      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• jkrutke
                        • Dec 2005

There would be a market for something that. If someone sold something like "Totem Claws", I'd be buying those for every tower speaker I do.

The DIY version I did once was made out of wood. A craft store near me has wood eggs. I cut the bottom off the round side then cut the whole thing in half. I screwed it on to the sides at the bottom with two screws from the inside. (removable bottom in a tower speaker, predrilled with a "skewdriver") Finally I mounted some madisound yung spikes in the bottom of it. Black stain and a satin clear coat later I was done.
                        Zaph|Audio

Comment

• JaxLax
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ---k---
                          If you're successful, I would be interested in some 2x - 3x as big.
                          agreed.
                          :-y

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"