for Jon: Cone Break-Up modelling in Soundeasy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capslock
    • Dec 2004

for Jon: Cone Break-Up modelling in Soundeasy?

Bohdan wrote some experimental software and has a paper on his website (#12 of the literature list):

His newsgroup posting seemed to suggest that it was going to end up as part of the SE software at some point, though not necessarily in v15.
  • ch83575
    • Sep 2006

Looks interesting to me, pretty good correlation between model and measurements... impressive. I can not even come close to following the math, but it seems to me that if you have such detailed info about the geometry of a driver why not just measure the driver? Or do you think Bohdan is trying to add tools for designing cone profiles. I know that there is at least one of us who might find such features useful, but I doubt that most people are wishing that they could design a better cone profile so they can paste it on their SEAS driver. Not to be too negative here, but I have also had a lot of trouble getting other FEM tools in soundeasy to correspond to measurements, specifically the room mode analysis (and my room is just a rectangle).

Still, it is very nice to see that Bohdan is really interested in continually adding functionality to his product. Some of his updates have been great, now we should get him a copy of ARTA and have him try to take a few pages out of that book.

-Chad

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

It wouldn't surprise me to see that implemented at some point. Personally I wish he would turn his attention to the vast majority of SE users which are part time, low-mid level hobbyists. Making the program more intuitive & all inclusive would open up a whole new market for sales. I've upgraded since v9, but will hold off doing so again until there is something useful for my experience level.
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"