X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warnerwh
    • Jan 2006

HT sub help please

I need a 15" woofer for HT that kicks ass. I used two of the RL-P 15's in a ported box to superb success. It is beyond what I expected and it's capability haunts me to this day.

I've got a box which is presently sealed but has a cutout for a 15" sub. An 18 won't fit. I do want to put a port in this box which is presently 8.5cuft.

Please let me know what 15" driver you guys recommend under 300 bucks.

Thank You
    Last edited by warnerwh; 04 October 2007, 16:38 Thursday. Reason: Don't want to make new thread for build
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

IMO, you really only have the Rl-p or the CreativeSound SDX-15, for high excursion 15" subs under $300, that would work well in 8.5ft^3 ported.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sdx15220l.gif
Views:	6
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	943946
    Last edited by theSven; 04 July 2023, 22:26 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• coctostan
      • Nov 2006

Any reason to prefer one over the other? (RL-P15 vs SDX-15)

Comment

• warnerwh
        • Jan 2006

Just purchased the SoundSplinter 15". Thank you for the info WillyD. I don't keep up on this and needed to make sure what current driver would be best for the money.

Comment

• warnerwh
          • Jan 2006

I have a sealed box that is not pretty that I will use unless it's a bad idea. This box is stout at 130lbs w/o driver.

The box is 36"hx26"dx19"w. I came up with about 9.0 cubic feet. A 6" port will no doubt affect that cuft number.

Being as the driver is on the way and the box is built I'm chomping at the bit to get this done now that I know what these things can do. Btw this sub will be placed straddling a corner with about 6" from the rear corners of the box.

Thank you
          Last edited by warnerwh; 05 October 2007, 00:02 Friday.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"