X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilson
    • Dec 2006

Sonosub X-over question

I have a Behringer CX2310 x-over running my bass bins and I wondering if the subwoofer output section is acceptable for running my 15" TC-2000 Sonosub?

Or would I be advised to go ahead and get a BFD (Behringer DSP 1124P) to fulfill this operation?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanx
    Wilson
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I use one for the IB sub in my family room.

BFD is for EQ that's something different than a crossover

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Wilson
      • Dec 2006

Thanks for the reply ThomasW. I have been reading abouth this all evening and I understand your comment regarding one being a crossover and the BFD an EQ.

Just so I understand this correctly, I would then need to use the crossover (sub) AND use the BFD for room EQ or did I miss it completely?

Sorry is this seems intuitive, I'm asking here to make sense of it all!

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If you're using a receiver or pre-pro with a sub-out you don't need a crossover.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Wilson
          • Dec 2006

OK, I got in now. I snagged a Yamaha RX-V2500 AV receiver when our local Ultimate went tango uniform. It has a sub out that is controlled via the receivers GUI interface, so I will utilize that sub crossover output.

As far as the BFD, I'm beginnging to see that this is more of a need-to-have item for good HT setups than a nice-to-have!

I can see it's usefullness as a parametric EQ and I am still considering utilizing one as my room, while nothing too abnormal (15' x 22' with one hall/stair opening on one corner), it does have an 11" dropped HVAC soffit on 2/3's of one of the long walls which causes some reflections. That and I can't convince the wife on the benefits of traps/dampening.... Ahhh the price we pay!

Thanks again for your insight. ;x(
          Wilson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"