X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlr
    • Feb 2005

DIY New England - Oct 20th

Looks like those who've responded are all fine with the 20th, so that's the date.

For those attending, don't be reluctant to bring in a design, even in unfinished cabinets if you're still working on something. The more we have to audition the better.

As always, anyone is welcome to come whether you have anything to bring or not. Just drop me an email for planning purposes. I'll update my web page soon, but there should be little change from last year.

DIY NE Info
    Dave's Speaker Pages
  • tf1216
    • Apr 2006

Maybe www.SBacoustics.com would like to donate a pair of drivers for the raffle. ( :

Comment

• dlr
      • Feb 2005

I would ask, but...

Originally posted by tf1216
      Maybe www.SBacoustics.com would like to donate a pair of drivers for the raffle. ( :
      I don't think that they're going to have any products ready in the very near future.
      Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• tf1216
        • Apr 2006

Hey Dave,

Any idea who is bringing what this year? I have a few things i could bring including the 6600 tweeters you modded for me paired with an AudioTechnology mid.

Comment

• dlr
          • Feb 2005

Few have said what they will bring

Hey Dave,

Any idea who is bringing what this year? I have a few things i could bring including the 6600 tweeters you modded for me paired with an AudioTechnology mid.
          Please do bring that system, the more the better. There will be a lot of interest in it, I think, given the drivers. I've not heard a system with either one, I only measured yours raw.

What's your opinion of both drivers at this point?
          Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• tf1216
            • Apr 2006

So far I have been able to compare the AT speaker versus a speaker I have with the W18NX and North Creek D28 tweeter and against a speaker with the W18EX and OW4 tweeter. I have done mono comparisons and in my opinion, I think I like the AT speaker slightly more than the W18EX speaker for high fidelity purposes. To my ears the AT speaker has slightly less cloudiness to its delivery of the music and it sounds more real to me. I have to admit I wanted the AT speaker to sound better so you will have to hear them for yourself.

I have all the parts to finish the second AT speaker, I just have not had the time to cut the holes and build the crossover.

Lastly, sorry to disappoint but the AT and W18EX speaker are not bass monsters, both were built to be in a 3-way system. The W18NX speaker cabinet needs to be made larger then that baby will be a real 2-way.

Comment

• dlr
              • Feb 2005

Bring any of those

So far I have been able to compare the AT speaker versus a speaker I have with the W18NX and North Creek D28 tweeter and against a speaker with the W18EX and OW4 tweeter. I have done mono comparisons and in my opinion, I think I like the AT speaker slightly more than the W18EX speaker for high fidelity purposes. To my ears the AT speaker has slightly less cloudiness to its delivery of the music and it sounds more real to me. I have to admit I wanted the AT speaker to sound better so you will have to hear them for yourself.

I have all the parts to finish the second AT speaker, I just have not had the time to cut the holes and build the crossover.

Lastly, sorry to disappoint but the AT and W18EX speaker are not bass monsters, both were built to be in a 3-way system. The W18NX speaker cabinet needs to be made larger then that baby will be a real 2-way.
              I have yet to hear a W18NX, though I have heard the W18EX in a good 2-way. If you have either in a stereo pair, bring them. I should have my Peerless woofer set up for us that I use to test 2-ways in a 3-way setup with a Dahlquist active crossover. It's adjustable from about 40-400Hz so integration should be reasonable.
              Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• tf1216
                • Apr 2006

Awesome Dave!

I have access to Zaph's L18 2-way that I had built for my brother. I have four 2-ways that I could bring. That seems like too much to me but if people want to hear them, I think I could squeeze the speakers in the car.

Comment

• cgr
                  • Feb 2006

Hey Dave,

I have a pair of Modula MT(with rs28 tweeters)

Comment

• DearS
                    • Jul 2005

Will there be anything for sale? If I can get something like an DIY MT, Id like that very much.

PS. I live in Providence.
                    http://joy2meu.com/

Comment

• dlr
                      • Feb 2005

Bring anything system that you'd like to present for feedback

Originally posted by cgr
                      As a note to all, any system that you care to bring will be worked in, we usually don't have a large number of systems. There does appear to be more interest this year, so I'm hopeful that there will be more variety.

Dave
                      Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• dlr
                        • Feb 2005

There have not been any in the past to my knowledge, but...

Originally posted by DearS
                        Will there be anything for sale? If I can get something like an DIY MT, Id like that very much.

PS. I live in Providence.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if someone accepted an offer for a system. This is one way that they can then jump into the next project. No guarantees, however.
                        Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• DearS
                          • Jul 2005

Thank you.
                          http://joy2meu.com/

Comment

• dlr
                            • Feb 2005

Looks like I forgot to reply

Originally posted by cgr
                            Please do bring this. Looks like we'll have a good bit of variety this year. Systems such as this one have been the subject of quite a few threads, it will be interesting to get the opportunity to actual hear them.

As a note to all, I'll be updating my DIY NE page shortly after I finish this post. I'm listing those systems that will or may be brought to the event.

Speakers Loudspeakers WinPCD Windows Passive Crossover Designer WinGraph DIY Do-It-Yourself frd zma
                            Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• JoshK
                              • Mar 2005

Roughly where in NE is this event? I live in the NYC area, so depending on where in NE, this could be doable or not.

Comment

• tf1216
                                • Apr 2006

Any idea what the start time is Dave?

Also, I would like to bring my W18EX and OW4 design if I can find a ride to transport all this stuff. And if there is room, I have a DIY amp that is very interesting. Can I bring these items or is there enough on its way already?

Comment

• Blazin
                                  • Jun 2007

I really would be interested in coming to this.. I'm supposed to be going to NYC this weekend.. perhaps my plans will change.. canton's not all that far of a trip.

Comment

• dlr
                                    • Feb 2005

Follow the link

Any idea what the start time is Dave?

Also, I would like to bring my W18EX and OW4 design if I can find a ride to transport all this stuff. And if there is room, I have a DIY amp that is very interesting. Can I bring these items or is there enough on its way already?
                                    I'm sure there'll be interest in that 2-way if you bring it. I don't know if anyone else coming is near to you to assist.

Info on travel can be found at the link.

DIY New England

I just checked and realized that I must have created the new page from one without the map and instructions. I'll do that right away, sorry for the goof.
                                    Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• dlr
                                      • Feb 2005

The main page should have info and a link to more detailed maps

Originally posted by dlr
                                      I'm sure there'll be interest in that 2-way if you bring it. I don't know if anyone else coming is near to you to assist.

Info on travel can be found at the link.

DIY New England

I just checked and realized that I must have created the new page from one without the map and instructions. I'll do that right away, sorry for the goof.
                                      Be sure to refresh or clear your browser cache to see the updated page.

Sorry for leaving this hanging.
                                      Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• cgr
                                        • Feb 2006

Is Bolivar st still closed coming from Canton ctr? You may want to give alternate directions if it is.

Comment

• dlr
                                          • Feb 2005

I'll check tonight

Originally posted by cgr
                                          Is Bolivar st still closed coming from Canton ctr? You may want to give alternate directions if it is.
                                          I take a cutover on the way to work right where the barrier is on my side. That's been reduced and moved to the side, but I don't know if that means that it's open all the way. I'll verify that tonight. I had thought they wouldn't have it closed as long as they have. The route will have to change, of course if they don't open it. Either bypass isn't bad, but it does add some extra turns. Thanks for pointing it out.
                                          Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• dlr
                                            • Feb 2005

Looks like Bolivar St. will still be closed

Originally posted by cgr
                                            I drove down to the work area. The grading is almost done, but they have the curb work and re-paving yet to do. They started on Oct 1st, it sure is taking them a while for a small bit of work.

I'll have to update the map directions. I think that the side streets to use may show, but I'll review them. Those coming in from I-95 will have to take a small detour.
                                            Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"