X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

Dayton RS 385 Mid bass

Anyone using the RS385 in a mid bass setup for sound reinforcement?
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

What's an RS385?

Comment

• dynamowhum
      • Aug 2006

Daytons new 15" woofer from parts express. Specs seems okay for mid bass and pretty good power handling as well.

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

Got a link? I found several Dayton 385 models but no RS385.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

AFAIK, there's no such thing as a 15" Prosound RS385.

The RS (Reference Series) are all alu cone home audio drivers.

There's a 15" PF385 P/N 295-080. And it's 'new' if the definition of 'new' is 2003...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dynamowhum
            • Aug 2006

Sorry I misread it. It is a ST 385. Anyway what do you still think of it for mid bass?

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

That looks like more of a budget sub driver than a midbass. Fs is 19Hz and Le is 4mH indicating high distortion if you go very high. The pro driver Thomas mentioned looks better at 2mH but it's still not state of the art. The really good pro 15" drivers like those from B&C and BMS have an Le of around 1mH indicating they can play a bit higher without motor distortion and all you have to worry about is cone breakup. Taking any 15" above 300Hz is kind of a crap shoot.

Comment

• dynamowhum
                • Aug 2006

Was wanting to go 50 to 250HZ. I have 2 ascendant audio atlas 15" in IB for the subwoofer. But I could go the RSS 315 HF or the RSS 390HF. My room is 3400cf. Thanks Dennis for looking in and helping out. PS: I already have 2 RS 270s but wanted 2 more but when I read some threads over at avsforum using bigger drivers it got me to thinking going larger.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"