Just goy my ep2500!!!, anything I should know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sphynx_000
    • Jun 2007

Just goy my ep2500!!!, anything I should know?

I decided to go with the europower, this thing is a BEAST! I cant wait to get things going.

I want to do a fan mod. I will probably order a computer fan, and maybe a resister too. I didnt think the amp sounded as loud as some people say, but I still want to quiet it down a bit. Any advice with a fan mod?

I am also unsure I how I want to hook it up to my receiver. I have read some work, just dont have the voltage. Is there any difference between using RCA-1/4" vs. RCA-XLR?
    -and if I have to get a voltage booster/converter, is the cleanbox my best choice?
  • azagthoth
    • Jun 2007

I used the cleanbox in my ep2500 setup and it seemed to work well. I tried a passive converter of some sort too but the level ended up being too low. Using the cleanbox was the only setup I had where the level was useable.

Comment

• chasw98
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by sphynx_000
      I decided to go with the europower, this thing is a BEAST! I cant wait to get things going.

I want to do a fan mod. I will probably order a computer fan, and maybe a resister too. I didnt think the amp sounded as loud as some people say, but I still want to quiet it down a bit. Any advice with a fan mod?
      If you want to do a fan mod, here are my instructions. I will say that it works much better to spend the money and buy the quiet fan of the proper voltage and CFM. If you are interested , I will find the link to it and the part number.

I am also unsure I how I want to hook it up to my receiver. I have read some work, just dont have the voltage. Is there any difference between using RCA-1/4" vs. RCA-XLR?
      -and if I have to get a voltage booster/converter, is the cleanbox my best choice?
      There can be a big difference between 1/4"-RCA adapters and XLR-RCA adapters. Unless you are willing to take apart an XLR adapter and possibly rewire pin 1, 2, & 3, use a 1/4" adapter. The XLR adapter can be wired in 2 or 3 different ways that could lead you to believe you have a problem when you don't. Most modern equipment will drive the EP2500 just fine. I would try it before spending money on the cleanbox.

Chuck

Comment

• sphynx_000
        • Jun 2007

Making a custom xlr adapter would be fine. Is it possibly that using the xlr inputs would work better/worse than the 1/4" inputs when using a receiver signal?

Also I might pick up a power conditioner, or a switched power strip. My amp says 9.8 amps, and I want to be able to add an eq, and probably an A500 in the future. Would something like this work for me?

furman

Comment

• sphynx_000
          • Jun 2007

anyone know how much current an a500 draws?

Comment

• newroswell
            • Sep 2006

I want to do a fan mod. I will probably order a computer fan, and maybe a resister too. I didnt think the amp sounded as loud as some people say, but I still want to quiet it down a bit.
            I heard people say that, then I was surprised to hear how loud mine was. I immediately ordered http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?SKU=31K9990 and now it's silent and has all the air it needs. I wouldn't have been able to stand it in my setup as it was.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The other thing you should understand is the EP-2500 has enough power to kill the of Shivas in a heartbeat. So be careful!

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• sphynx_000
                • Jun 2007

I just replaced my fan with a silent computer fan. It was the cheapest solution. For power I am just connecting a 12volt ac/dc inverter into the switched output on my amp. I think it will work pretty well.

ThomasW,

thanks for the reminder

Comment

• Dennis H
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2002

I just replaced my fan with a silent computer fan. It was the cheapest solution. For power I am just connecting a 12volt ac/dc inverter into the switched output on my amp. I think it will work pretty well.
                  Why didn't you just get a quiet 24V fan from digikey.com and use the amp's existing fan wiring which includes variable speed control?

Panaflo FBA08A24L1A, 24V, 80x25.5, 21dB
                  Digikey P/N P9739-ND, $8.25

Comment

• sphynx_000
                    • Jun 2007

heh,

If I would have came across that earlier, that is probably what I would have done.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"