D.I.Y Sonosub not working properly (AMP and receiver issues)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exojam
    • Dec 2006

I just don’t see how that would work. Below is the information for the two main parts you just set. The first shows it is looking for a signal on channel one and two. The second piece shows the bridge information. This means (in less I am way off) you need to use the bridge posts on the back of the amp. I documented above for you how mine is working and think that would be a good place to start.

Y (Input Y): The options are
    • CH1+CH2 (Ch.1 input signal and Ch. 2 input signal are summed and fed to both output channels.) This provides a 6 dB level boost.

BRG (Bridge-mono or Stereo): Use this option to set the amplifier to bridge-mono or stereo mode. When BRIDGE is active, the Ch. 1 input signal is used (unless you made an alternate setting with the Y processing block).

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

If he had the sub hooked to 1 channel of the amp it would be using 700watts not 500. He has the sub wired in 4ohm the amp puts out 700 watts per channel at 4ohms in bridged mode it puts out like 1400 I think. The sub runs out of xmax like above 800 watts.

Comment

• exojam
        • Dec 2006

Doug,

The 700W would be on a 2 ohm load not a 4. If his sub is rated at 800w sustained, wouldnt you think it would be better served by bridging the amp and having the level turned down some? Just wondering.

Stereo, 2 ohms (per ch.) 700W**
        Stereo, 4 ohms (per ch.) 500W*
        Stereo, 8 ohms (per ch.) 275W*
        Bridge-Mono, 4 ohms 1400W**
        Bridge-Mono, 8 ohms 1000W*
        Last edited by exojam; 06 October 2007, 10:18 Saturday.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Ok..... I was thinking wrong sorry! See I was thinking he ordered the D4 so he could wire in 2 ohm.

Comment

• ReZeN
            • Sep 2007

hey guys i have it working i dunno how its working the way the amp settings are and the way the sub is wired to the amp makes no sense to me but it works :-/

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"