X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Who builds the PE cabinets?

I was wondering if anyone knew what manufacturer builds these. Madisound looks like it uses them to so it can't be too big a secret. I'm sure I could go to CES and find a bunch of companies but I might not be able to make it this year. Thanks!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I don't think madisound uses the same ones.

Comment

• Nathan P
      • Mar 2006

Slave children in china :B

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Amphiprion
        I'm sure I could go to CES and find a bunch of companies but I might not be able to make it this year. Thanks!

Hummmmm... why exactly are you asking? Breaking News???
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• sprint_9
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Nathan P
          Slave children in china :B
          Well it looks like they do good work :lol:

Comment

• Rick Craig
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Amphiprion
            I was wondering if anyone knew what manufacturer builds these. Madisound looks like it uses them to so it can't be too big a secret. I'm sure I could go to CES and find a bunch of companies but I might not be able to make it this year. Thanks!

They don't use the same manufacturer. The Madisound cabinets come from the same company that supplies cabinets for Dynaudio (and I'm sure others as well). I've found the quality to be better with the Madisound cabinets if you want one with veneer.

The PE "cherry" cabinets are stained Birch and not consistent in color from pair to pair, even within pairs sometimes! With the stain poor sanding becomes more evident as well. The PE gloss black cabinets have been good but some of the baffles have had lower quality MDF. The finish of the Madisound cabinets seems to be more durable as well.

The MDF on the Madisound cabinets has been good quality. The cherry veneer is nice but sometimes the blushing (darkening from UV rays) has varied between cabinets. The maple is pretty average - not much figure so don't expect anything close to curly, quilted, or birdseye. The black ash is pretty standard but good quality.

Comment

• dlr
              • Feb 2005

Why no other types?

I always wonder why you never see Oak or Mahogony.

Dave
              Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• Hank
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2002

Hi Mark, I've been to 3 CES's and it is easy to find extremely nicely finished cabinets and unbelievably low prices and the companies are ready to do business. One small nit is that they want you to order at least a short container load. I don't think your garage is big enough. 8O

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Group buy anyone :B???

Comment

• Jonasz
                    • Nov 2004

Group buy anyone ???
                    Yeah, why not! Would be awesome to have a box that could fit a RS225/RS52/tweeter. The PE is JUST to small for a RS225...

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

He said cheap and good quality isn't that what we're all about with this DIY stuff? :B

Comment

• Amphiprion
                        • Apr 2006

Oh I expect to have to order a full shipping container or at least half if it's an overseas manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"