X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Jeff B's new loudspeaker design software

He's added some new tools that look really interesting and increased some options in some of the older modeling programs. Thanks Jeff!

Edit: he went into detail yesterday of all the options that are new, over at the PE board. Maybe he'll chime in here.
    Last edited by Jed; 21 August 2007, 12:12 Tuesday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yep good stuff.... :T

There's a link to Jeff's software and many other resources in our Missions Accomplished section...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Too bad it only works in Winblows.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cjd
        Winblows.
        :lol: Agreed. As most things seem to be these days, unfortunately.

Comment

• spidrman
          • May 2007

Originally posted by cjd
          Resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated.

:twisted:
          Yamaha RX-V661, Panasonic PT-AX100U, Toshiba HD-D2, 138" diagonal DIY AT screen, old tiny Jamo speakers

Comment

• cinema bob
            • Apr 2005

thats what parallels and/or bootcam are for.

Comment

• cjd
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Dec 2004

Why the heck would I want to move away from Windows so I can... install Windows...

We use VMWare at work - far more flexible since the VM works on more than just the Macs. But I only need that so I can test the various Internet Explorer versions and see how each one fails to properly follow spec in its own unique way, forcing a work-around.

C

Comment

• opt-e
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cjd
                Why the heck would I want to move away from Windows so I can... install Windows...

We use VMWare at work - far more flexible since the VM works on more than just the Macs. But I only need that so I can test the various Internet Explorer versions and see how each one fails to properly follow spec in its own unique way, forcing a work-around.

C
                This seems horrifyingly familiar. 8O

Comment

• littlesaint
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by cjd

C
                  I use kvm to run Windows. Works perfectly. Though, I haven't tried using any recording devices yet. Still working on qloud too.
                  Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• fjhuerta
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by cjd

C
                    Well, without going into the obvious Religious Technology Wars, I think Jeff (and most of the people who design for Windows) are doing a favor to 95% of the population who use a computer. And the other 5% already know enough to emulate Windows in their platform of their choice, anyway. :T
                    Javier Huerta

Comment

• cjd
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Dec 2004

You have to actually run Windows. It requires the VB stuff. Fails in Excel on the mac, fails in WINE.

It's excellent work hobbled by a very very poor interface restriction (Excel). I understand why the use it, and applaud the effort. But I also lament the effort. They've already had problems with version changes.

Comment

• littlesaint
                        • Jul 2007

OT: Use what works

I use Visio extensively in my profession. There are some Linux and OS X apps that come close, but nothing that truly works with Visio, so I run Windows under kvm. Do I like Windows, no, but I like Visio (and Outlook since it syncs with my WM5 phone), so I run it. I use Linux for the tools that run best under it, and my Mac for everything else.

Computers are tools, and you should always try and use the best tool for the job. If the application I need only runs under Windows, or Linux, or OS X, then that's the OS I use. It's good to have principles, I just think there are more important things in life to be principled on than computer operating systems.
                        Santino

Comment

• cjd
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Dec 2004

Actually, it hasn't been till the Vista license that I really had a probelm doing that.

C

Comment

• littlesaint
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by cjd
                            Actually, it hasn't been till the Vista license that I really had a probelm doing that.

C
                            Well Vista is just plain terrible. If I'm going to use Windows, it's XP at most, 2K if I can get away with it.
                            Santino

Comment

• Irwin AR
                              • May 2006

ooh.. i've always love Jeff's work ever since the FRD.
                              nice aid to effective loudspeaker design. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"