X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keefe
    • Jul 2007

BAMTM Port Question

I accidentally read the diagram wrong and my port hole ended up 3/4" too low. This mistake can't be fixed (box is already assembled) but I thought I would just ask how much of an effect this will have on the sound. Hopefully it won't matter too much.

Also, does anyone have an idea of how long the port should be? I have mine at 30hz right now, not sure if that is the best option though.

Thanks.
  • Sefferdog
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Keefe
    I accidentally read the diagram wrong and my port hole ended up 3/4" too low. This mistake can't be fixed (box is already assembled) but I thought I would just ask how much of an effect this will have on the sound. Hopefully it won't matter too much.

Also, does anyone have an idea of how long the port should be? I have mine at 30hz right now, not sure if that is the best option though.

Thanks.
    Don't sweat the 3/4".

Comment

• jkrutke
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Keefe

Thanks.
      As Sefferdog says, doesn't matter one bit. Well at least as long as the port doesn't have a structural brace in the way or anything. I was considering being twisted evil :twisted: for a second and saying "I'm sorry, that design absolutely will not work with the port positioned 3/4" lower." My attempts at comedy however can get me into trouble. :B

For the port length however, that kind of depends on your room, position and taste in low end response. I encourage you to experiment with it. Start long, and if the low end tonal balance seems lean, shorten it. If you go too short you'll likely hear a little boominess. From some feedback I've received, folks seem to prefer longer port lengths, some even longer than the longest option I mentioned.
      Zaph|Audio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"