X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • augerpro
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2006

Need some .wav's!!!!!

Hi all. I have a little program that can add different distortion profiles to a song so you can listen and see how and if it makes a difference. But this program requires a .wav file that is 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, mono, and <60 seconds long.

So where would find these or go about making them? The mono part makes it tough. Would something like Audacity be able to mix the stereo into mono maybe?
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus
  • dawaro
    • Feb 2005

Try winamp. You can rip a file to any format you need I believe.
    I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts

Comment

• augerpro
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2006

The ripping part is easy. It's finding a mono file or making one that I'm not sure about. No music from the last couple decades is on mono, so I'll have to make the stereo into mono I think.
      ~Brandon 8O
      Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
      Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
      DriverVault
      Soma Sonus

Comment

• joecarrow
        • Apr 2005

For the longest time I have used dB Poweramp to rip mp3s and wav files from CDs, and it should be able to take just about any input and produce the mono file you want. I don't think it will crop the file down to less than 60 seconds, but there are programs out there that'll do it.
        -Joe Carrow

Comment

• Operandi
          • May 2007

EAC has been the standard for making high quality CD rips ever since it's inception and will do what your looking for.

Specifically you'll want to look in the compression settings and select the output mode you want (fyi, PCM = .wav) and go to it.

I'm not certain but I think it will also rip portions of tracks so it should handle that obstacle as well.

Comment

• wildfire99
            • Aug 2005

Why not take a stereo track, save each channel (which are mono), add your distortion tool to each, then import and resave the processed channel tracks back into a single stereo file? If you need an editor, try GoldWave, it's retro but I know it used to be a favorite of those not blessed with audio software.
            - Patrick
            "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• dawaro
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by augerpro
              The ripping part is easy. It's finding a mono file or making one that I'm not sure about. No music from the last couple decades is on mono, so I'll have to make the stereo into mono I think.
              All you have to do in Winamp is configure the output from the preferences. Attached is a screenshot with all the options for PCM/WAV outputs.
              By the way I am sending you a PM I need you to look at.
              Attached Files
              I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"